Code completion bug

  • dscotney2
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2002
      Hi

      I have a .jar file which I have included as a library and the
      code-completion worked fine. I have needed however to update the .jar
      file with a newer version, but I now find that the code-completion is
      still showing the OLD jar information in the import statement.
      Compilation is no problem though.

      Is there anywhere I can go to delete the code-completion cache?

      Regards,

      Derek.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2002
        Derek,

        Gel should pick up the change automatically and use the newer jar, it worked fine when I tested it last. Code completion information is not persisted between sessions, if you stop and start Gel it should start picking up the new info.

        From: "dscotney2" <dscotney@...>
        Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 14:03:59 -0000

        >Hi
        >
        >I have a .jar file which I have included as a library and the
        >code-completion worked fine. I have needed however to update the .jar
        >file with a newer version, but I now find that the code-completion is
        >still showing the OLD jar information in the import statement.
        >Compilation is no problem though.
        >
        >Is there anywhere I can go to delete the code-completion cache?
        >
        >Regards,
        >
        >Derek.

      • Bernardo Luz
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 26, 2004
          Hi. Whenever I add brackets to the middle of a method, Gel fails to use
          code completion after the closing bracket. i.e.:

          int a = 0;
          int b;
          {
          b = 5;
          }
          // code completion won't work here

          Sometimes it's useful to put brackets just so as to narrow scope...

          Bernardo Luz <shinmagus@...>
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 26, 2004
            I'll have a look at that, thanks.