Help as independent process, templates

  • justin_johnson_1999
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 8:31 AM
      Having used Gel pretty extensively now for a serious project, it's
      turning out to work very well for me.

      Two questions: when I select JDK Help from the help menu, the help
      app doesn't appear as an independent application; in other words,
      when I click back to Gel, I can't then click or ALT+TAB back to
      help. Instead, I have to select it from the help menu again, at
      which point it shows me what I was looking at before (I'm on Windows
      XP).

      The other question is disabling templates. I don't understand the
      logic behind its appearance, and for the moment don't care about
      figuring it out. The template drop down menu appears at odd times
      for me, such as after typing "while( rs.next() )". If I hit space,
      the "try/catch" template is selected and pasted into my code, which
      is very disruptive.

      How do I simply disable it until I have time to get it working right
      with my coding? I've unchecked all the options in "Code Assist" in
      the Options dialogue; I don't see another option to disable it
      anywhere else.

      Thanks,
      Justin
    • Ivan Vecanski
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 9:01 AM
        Hi,

        Seems that you have 'Activate Template' mapped to the default
        Shift-Space. Go to
        View|Toolbars|Customize|KeyMappings|Editor|ActivateTemplate and modify
        it (or clear it).

        Hope this helps,

        Ivan