Features request.....

  • Alejandro Martín Gómez
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2002

      Hi Gerald…

      I’m new to your IDE…. I’m coming from JCreator and some things I found useful in it are the auto-detection of the EOL character (DOS – UNIX - AUTO)

      Another is “Insert beans methods tool” which scanning member variables adds get and set methods, default contructor, copy constructor….

      Changes undo (ctrl-z) is not unsetting the modified flag

      I don’t know how the templates work… I mean how to activate them… I wrote “ifb” but don’t know how to get the trigger to work

      Thanks in advance

      You are doing a great job

      Alejandro Gómez

      Cibermatica S.A.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 30, 2002
        >I’m new to your IDE…. I’m coming from JCreator and some things I found
        >useful in it are the auto-detection of the EOL character (DOS – UNIX -
        >AUTO)

        I doubt I will be adding this feature

        >Another is “Insert beans methods tool” which scanning member variables
        >adds get and set methods, default contructor, copy constructor….

        The get and set methods will be coming shortly, probably not the others though

        >Changes undo (ctrl-z) is not unsetting the modified flag

        This is dependant on the setting for "remove undo info on save". Check this option and you will get the behavior you desire.

        >I don’t know how the templates work… I mean how to activate them… I
        >wrote “ifb” but don’t know how to get the trigger to work

        Hit <Shift><Space> to trigger a template, see the help file for more info

        Gerald
      • mr_agomez
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2002
          Hi Gerald,

          > >Changes undo (ctrl-z) is not unsetting the modified flag
          >
          > This is dependant on the setting for "remove undo info on save".
          Check this option and you will get the behavior you desire.

          that's not what i meant....

          suppose u open a file, make a change, then appears "Modified" in the
          status bar, but if undo the change (ctrl-z), what u see is the same
          that is stored in the disk, so it shouldnt say "Modified", but still
          says so.

          another feature to add is the auto indent, it means after u open a
          {, [ or ( and hit "enter" auto-indent next line, and u when u
          close }, ], or ) un-indent the line.

          the last request for the moment is to check for all open files if
          someone else, or another application has modified them, popup an
          alert and ask to reload the file or no.

          thanks in advance

          Alejandro Gómez
        • mr_agomez
          Message 4 of 7 , May 3, 2002

            Message 5 of 7 , May 3, 2002
              Alejandro,

              >suppose u open a file, make a change, then appears "Modified" in the
              >status bar, but if undo the change (ctrl-z), what u see is the same
              >that is stored in the disk, so it shouldnt say "Modified", but still
              >says so.

              The reason that it is dependant on the switch I mentioned is that if undo info is not removed after a save, you could have this sequence:

              change
              save
              change
              undo
              undo

              What this means is that even though you undid to the beggining of the stack, the file in buffer is different then the file on disk because of the intervening save. When remove undo on save is not checked, Gel never resets the modified flag in response to an undo to make sure that the scenario above can never occur.

              >another feature to add is the auto indent, it means after u open a
              >{, [ or ( and hit "enter" auto-indent next line, and u when u
              >close }, ], or ) un-indent the line.

              This is there for the closing brace, select the option in Java options.

              >the last request for the moment is to check for all open files if
              >someone else, or another application has modified them, popup an
              >alert and ask to reload the file or no.

              Gel does this already

              Cheers,

              Gerald
            • Alejandro Martín Gómez
              Message 6 of 7 , May 3, 2002

                Gerald,

                Sorry about posting twice…..

                >>the last request for the moment is to check for all open files if

                >>someone else, or another application has modified them, popup an

                >>alert and ask to reload the file or no.

                >Gel does this already

                maybe there’s an option to activate this, cuz this not working for me

                I open a file from my project in gel, then open it again with notepad, modify it within notepad, save it in notepad and nothing happens with gel

                Alejandro Gómez

                Cibermatica S.A.

                Message 7 of 7 , May 3, 2002
                  It only prompts you if the file in Gel is modified, otherwise it reloads it automatically. It works fine here.

                  From: Alejandro Martín Gómez <agomez@...>
                  Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 15:13:01 -0300