Re: [gelide] Is it possible to send SMS using Java?

  • Ayan Ray
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 24 9:03 AM
      You can do one of these:

      1. Use a GSM modem. Connect it to your computer. If you can't get hold of a Java API use Runtime.exec(...) or JNI to access the API of the modem.

      2. If your company can sign an agreement with a network operator then the operator would give you an URL to which you can post a HTTP request. The operator's server would take care of thge rest.

      3. Use CIMD. (Requires tie up with operator)

      Information on these options are available on the Net.

      -Ayan

      kartheek kiran <kartheek_btech@...> wrote:
      Dear friends.
      I am developing some projects in Java using Java 2 Standard Edition (J2SE) and J2EE need to know if there are some Java API
      (for J2SE and J2EE) to send SMS to a mobile phone.
      How can I do to send SMS to a mobile phone? Which steps must I follow?

      Is there someone who can help me?
      expecting a positive response from you...

      Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket