Re: Where is Gel now

  • furqan_naqvi
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 4, 2006
      HI JIM,

      I LIKED UR IDEA AND IF U HAVE ANY PANS THEN FORWARD IT TO ALL WE CAN
      WORK ON IT.....

      god help those who help themselves

      --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, Jim Durnford <jdurnfor@...> wrote:

      > Without the source and a few hundred hours to figure out how
      "Gerald's Frankenstein, so to speak" works I'd have to agree, as much
      as I like using GEL, with Daniel that "This IDE's off the twig!".

      > If the group is truely willing to spend the effort to keep GEL then
      they should also being willing to spend the effort to build an open
      source GEL 'like' IDE. This might be better spent efforts than trying
      to keep GEL. :(

      > IMHO
      >
      > jim

      GEL.

      > Lets SAVE GEL :)
      >
      > Telmo Cardoso
      >
      > --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, Leandro Medeiros
      > <medeiros_leandro@y...> wrote:
      > > Hey guys,
      > >
      > > Well, I´m with tajinderpal. We need to do something to keep GEL. I
      > know this great IDE is very popular here in Brazil. I have a propose:
      > >
      > > I´m webmaster. So, I have a idea to make a web-site more interesting
      > to GEL. I think a new website and updates in IDE will be great.
      > >
      > > Well, it´s just an idea. Any more sugestions?
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > Leandro Medeiros
      > > Curitiba - Brazil
      > > PS: Sorry my poor English!
      > >
      > > tajinderpal1 <tajinderpal1@y...> escreveu:
      > > Hey Guys where is GEL now. It s dying now. Please do something
      to save
      > > this cool Java IDE. I just love its features & simpalicity.
      > >
      > > Is not any way to rebirth it.

      > Service.

      > > Converse com seus amigos em tempo real com o Yahoo! Messenger
      > > http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/

      Computer programming languages
      > The c programming language C programming language List of
      programming languages

      Service.