Re: [gelide] Re: Where is Gel now

  • Tiago Magalhães
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 24, 2005
      Eu usei o GEL durante vááários anos e curti muito e hoje
      uso o eclipse por nescessidade da empresa....
      mas gosto muito dele sim e acho uma excelente IDE
      para projetos tranquilos.....

      --
      Tiago Marques Magalhães
      TI - Clickideia

      !_"""_!
      (O) (o)
      -----OOO--(_)--OOO-----

      Telmo Filipe Cardoso João escreveu:

      >PLEASE, I don't want to use Eclipse or some crap IDE width 1001
      >functions... I just want to do my program, width the simplicity of GEL.
      >
      >Lets SAVE GEL :)
      >
      >Telmo Cardoso
      >
      >--- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, Leandro Medeiros
      ><medeiros_leandro@y...> wrote:
      >

      >>Hey guys,
      >>
      >>Well, I´m with tajinderpal. We need to do something to keep GEL. I
      >>

      >know this great IDE is very popular here in Brazil. I have a propose:
      >

      >>I´m webmaster. So, I have a idea to make a web-site more interesting
      >>

      >to GEL. I think a new website and updates in IDE will be great.
      >

      >>Well, it´s just an idea. Any more sugestions?
      >>
      >>Regards,
      >>
      >>Leandro Medeiros
      >>Curitiba - Brazil
      >>PS: Sorry my poor English!
      >>
      >>tajinderpal1 <tajinderpal1@y...> escreveu:
      >>Hey Guys where is GEL now. It s dying now. Please do something to save
      >>this cool Java IDE. I just love its features & simpalicity.
      >>
      >>Is not any way to rebirth it.

      >Service.
      >

      >>---------------------------------

      >>Converse com seus amigos em tempo real com o Yahoo! Messenger
      >>http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/
      >>

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jim Durnford
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 31, 2005
        Without the source and a few hundred hours to figure out how "Gerald's Frankenstein, so to speak" works I'd have to agree, as much as I like using GEL, with Daniel that "This IDE's off the twig!".

        If the group is truely willing to spend the effort to keep GEL then they should also being willing to spend the effort to build an open source GEL 'like' IDE. This might be better spent efforts than trying to keep GEL.  :(

        IMHO

        jim

        <medeiros_leandro@y...> wrote:
        > Hey guys,

        > Well, I´m with tajinderpal. We need to do something to keep GEL. I
        know this great IDE is very popular here in Brazil. I have a propose:

        > I´m webmaster. So, I have a idea to make a web-site more interesting
        to GEL. I think a new website and updates in IDE will be great.

        > Well, it´s just an idea. Any more sugestions?

        > Regards,

        > Leandro Medeiros
        > Curitiba - Brazil
        > PS: Sorry my poor English!
        >
        > tajinderpal1 <tajinderpal1@y...> escreveu:
        > Hey Guys where is GEL now. It s dying now. Please do something to save
        > this cool Java IDE. I just love its features & simpalicity.
        >
        > Is not any way to rebirth it.

        Service.

        > ---------------------------------

        > Converse com seus amigos em tempo real com o Yahoo! Messenger
        > http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/

      • pal pal
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 31, 2005
          Hi friends,

          I heartily support your views and definately we should create a site devoted to this cool IDE.
          I have knowledge about the creater of GEL about the proposal of providing the source code for somebody, who can work on it and upgrade it as per the new developments.

          If we can keep the existing versions alive, it will be gr8.

          I am ready to help out in every possible way.

          Tajinder

          rakesh verma <rakeshv_11@...> wrote:
          Ya we must should do for something for that. THis greate IDE is popular here in India too.

          Thanks to Leandro for his greate proposal. I am with him. We should come togather for spreade of this IDE.

          Thanks and best regards.
          Rakesh Verma
          India - Mumbai

          tajinderpal1 <tajinderpal1@...> escreveu:
          Hey Guys where is GEL now. It s dying now. Please do something to save
          this cool Java IDE. I just love its features & simpalicity.

          Is not any way to rebirth it.

          http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/

        • ronaldjao
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 3, 2005
            Im from the Philippines and im just one of many Gel users here. I hope somebody does something and save Gel because its the most programmer friendly Java IDE I've know.

            Ronald, SCJP

            ronald "ronaldjao" manlapao, scjp

            Homepage: www.geocities.com/ronaldjao/ron.html

            have a nice day!!! hope to hear from you soon my cellphone number is 09167465099 and my phone number is (02)8713880

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • furqan_naqvi
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 4, 2006
              hello friends,
              i too love to work on gel and i am shocked and disapointed to here
              that this fine IDE is not able to go on in the market....i am a
              programmer and a web site designer and i would love to forward any
              support needed for the project....

              GOD HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES

              --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, Telmo Filipe Cardoso João

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 4, 2006
                HI JIM,

                I LIKED UR IDEA AND IF U HAVE ANY PANS THEN FORWARD IT TO ALL WE CAN
                WORK ON IT.....

                --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, Jim Durnford <jdurnfor@...> wrote:

                > Without the source and a few hundred hours to figure out how
                "Gerald's Frankenstein, so to speak" works I'd have to agree, as much
                as I like using GEL, with Daniel that "This IDE's off the twig!".

                > If the group is truely willing to spend the effort to keep GEL then
                they should also being willing to spend the effort to build an open
                source GEL 'like' IDE. This might be better spent efforts than trying
                to keep GEL. :(

                > IMHO
                >
                > jim

                Computer programming languages
                > The c programming language C programming language List of
                programming languages

                Service.