Re: [gelide] How to config ant in GEL for a project

  • Pobzeb Armerding
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20 8:30 AM
      If you have set up the information in the Ant tab in the options area,
      then click "View, Ant". This will show the Ant side bar where you will
      build your app using Ant. Of course, you will need a build.xml file in
      your apps root directory or Gel will not know how to send the build
      information to Ant. Below is an example of what a build.xml file might
      look like. I don't think that it will actually work (I have not tried
      this exact example), but it is the basic information used to build using
      Ant.

      Example build.xml file:
      <?xml version="1.0"?>
      <project name="project_name_goes_here" default="jar">

      <!-- ========================================================== -->
      <!-- Global properties and path definitions -->
      <!-- ========================================================== -->

      <property name="version" value="1.0" />

      <!-- Read in (optional) external file with local property
      settings -->
      <!-- This is a file in the same directory that contains
      information such as paths -->
      <property file="build.properties" />

      <!-- Define important directories -->
      <property name="src.dir" location="src" />
      <property name="conf.dir" location="config" />
      <property name="build.dir" location="build" />
      <property name="build.classes" location="${build.dir}/classes" />
      etc.

      <!-- Construct compile classpath -->
      <path id="compile.classpath">
      <pathelement location="lib/commons-logging.jar" />
      <pathelement location="lib/jdom.jar" />
      etc.
      </path>

      <!-- ========================================================== -->
      <!-- Clean environment -->
      <!-- ========================================================== -->

      <target name="clean" description="Deletes all files that are
      generated by the build.">
      <delete dir="${build.classes}" />
      etc.
      </target>

      <!-- ========================================================== -->
      <!-- Compile the java sources -->
      <!-- ========================================================== -->

      <target name="compile" depends="init" description="Compiles the
      project sources.">
      <mkdir dir="${build.classes}"/>
      <javac srcdir="${src.dir}" destdir="${build.classes}"
      debug="${build.debug}" deprecation="${build.deprecation}">
      <classpath refid="compile.classpath"/>
      </javac>
      <!-- copy property files -->
      <filter filtersfile="build.properties"/>
      <copy todir="${build.classes}" overwrite="true"
      filtering="true">
      <fileset dir="${conf.dir}">
      <include name="**/*.properties"/>
      </fileset>
      </copy>
      </target>

      <!-- ========================================================== -->
      <!-- Bundle class files as JAR -->
      <!-- ========================================================== -->

      <target name="jar" depends="compile" description="Creates JAR of
      the project classes.">
      <mkdir dir="${build.lib}"/>
      <!-- config and property files must be also reside in
      build.classes -->
      <jar jarfile="${build.lib}/jar_file_name.jar">
      <!-- Do not include environment specific files -->
      <fileset dir="${build.classes}"
      excludes="property_file_name.properties">
      </fileset>
      </jar>
      </target>

      </project>
      End of example.

      once this file is in your root directory, the Ant side bar should show
      an outline of the build.xml parts. From here you can right click on the
      parts and run them to build your project. I hope this helps you at
      least to get a start on using Ant.

      Pobzeb Armerding
      Vann's Inc.
      Software Engineer