Re: [gelide] GUI...

  • Abhijith
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2005
       Net beans from sun is free.

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:07 AM
      Subject: [gelide] GUI...

      Hello.
      Im new programing in GEL, an i think its a really cool IDE...
      But im looking for a good GUI Builder for JAVA with DB and so on.. can some one recomend a gpl or lgpl, or freeware version?

      Thanks so much!

      Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
    • Leandro Medeiros
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
        Hi Roberto!

        To build somes GUIS, i like to use de Netbeans IDE,
        cause it have a nice interface and tools to build
        easily.
        If you're looking for something more "visual", you can
        install some GUI Builders and choose the best for you:

        - http://www.guigenie.cjb.net/
        -
        http://www.openabacus.org/products.abaguibuilder.html

        Any question, e-mail me!

        Regards,

        Leandro Medeiros (Curitiba - Paraná - Brazil)

        PS: Please, sorry for my poor English!

        --- "Roberto A. Berrospe Machin"
        <rabm4483@...> escreveu:
        > Hello.
        > Im new programing in GEL, an i think its a really
        > cool IDE...
        > But im looking for a good GUI Builder for JAVA with
        > DB and so on.. can some one recomend a gpl or lgpl,
        > or freeware version?
        >
        > Thanks so much!

        > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
        > Date: 01/03/2005

        Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Instale o discador do Yahoo! agora. http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/ - Internet rápida e grátis
      • Héctor Fabián Echeverri Quintero
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
          Lo mejor es que uses eclipse, con los plugins
          adecuados

          --- "Roberto A. Berrospe Machin"
          <rabm4483@...> escribió:
          > Hello.
          > Im new programing in GEL, an i think its a really
          > cool IDE...
          > But im looking for a good GUI Builder for JAVA with
          > DB and so on.. can some one recomend a gpl or lgpl,
          > or freeware version?
          >
          > Thanks so much!

          > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
          > Date: 01/03/2005

          Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
          http://correo.yahoo.es
        • Wim Dedulle
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
            why not trying Netbeans 4.0 or Borland Jbuilder 2005 , both community
            editions.
            don't forget the power of MySQL and its jdbc driver at www.mysql.com

            >From: "Roberto A. Berrospe Machin" <rabm4483@...>
            >To: <gelide@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: [gelide] GUI...
            >Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 01:37:00 -0300
            >
            >Hello.
            >Im new programing in GEL, an i think its a really cool IDE...
            >But im looking for a good GUI Builder for JAVA with DB and so on.. can some
            >one recomend a gpl or lgpl, or freeware version?
            >
            >Thanks so much!

            >Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

          • Roberto A. Berrospe Machin
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
              Hey!
              Thanks for the response.
              I was looking around, and i got some links, and after all, i downloaded a bulk from sun java site with netbeans 4.0 and jdk 1.4 in one pack, and ater tested netbeans i saw a wonderfull and powerfull GUI designer with code generation, events, and all for swing and awt... Awesome... but is slow for code edition, so is good to do the gui there, connect the funcitons events, and after that, switch to gel to continue the background programing, because netbeans is slow for parse... so for code purposes, gel was better for me...
              So thanks a lot for the response.

              Sincerelly.

              Roberto Antonio Berrospe Machin
              Senior Programer, Developer
              Florida - Uruguay.
              Phone: +598-353-0783
              Ny: 1-914-509-9310
              Sms: +598-94-377-032
              CelMail: 377032@...
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 9, 2005
                --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Roberto A. Berrospe Machin"
                <rabm4483@y...> wrote:
                > Hello.
                > Im new programing in GEL, an i think its a really cool IDE...
                > But im looking for a good GUI Builder for JAVA with DB and so on..
                can some one recomend a gpl or lgpl, or freeware version?

                > Thanks so much!
                I am responsible for all of the GUI development in my current project
                (telecom sector). For all GUI work we chose Netbeans and Gel for all
                of the other classes.