Re: [gelide] Re:writing servlet programs through GEL

  • Shreenivas Zilli
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi Amish,
      Thanks for ur detailed description for writing a servlet program in gel.
      I had not installed any server right now in my system. But i will try it out.

      Thanks n Bye

      Shree

      Amish Shah <abs2310@...> wrote:
      In order to complie your servlets you need
      servlet.jar.

      As stated by Mahesh, this jar file is inside the
      folder TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib.

      A better option is to configure your Server in Gel.
      Gel supports quite a few of Web server.
      After creating Project right click on it and open the
      properties. Go-to the Run tab and click on the Auto
      button select the server if you have installed any of
      the listed server on your computer.

      I have configured Tomcat 4 and the Gel automatically
      adds the jar files of Tomcat on to the classpath.
      In-order to verify which all jar files are added go-to
      the Libraries Tab and you should see Tomcat under it.
      Select Tomcat and click on edit button to verify the
      jar files added to the project classpath.

      Regards,
      Amish Shah

      --- "uma mahesh.s" <meet_umamahesh@...> wrote:

      > hi,
      > if u r using tomcat web server add all the
      > jar files in the path common/lib to the
      > classpath of gel and compile

      > regards
      > mahesh
      >
      > Shreenivas M Zilli <shreenivas_zilli@...>
      > wrote:
      >

      > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
      > gel editors
      > I am not getting
      > import javax.servlet.*;
      > import javax.servlet.http.*;
      > packages
      > please help any one of u.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      >

      > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life
      partneronline.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

    • guna sekaran
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
        Hi Guys,
           Writing Servlets and JSP programs in Gel is very easy.
        To write servlet in Gel you have to install JSDK 2.0 and you might atleast have j2sdk1.4.1.
               After install these things, install Gel and assign path to c:\j2sdk1.4.1
        if u install ur os in c:.
        Then run ur JSP and Servlet programs.
        Thats all. I did it many times.
                              - Guna

        Platonov Evgeniy <jozic@...> wrote:

        Hello Shreenivas M Zilli,

              “javax.servlet” package isn’t contained in standart sdk libs, so you should put “servlet-api.jar” to your classpath. You can find it, for example, in lib directory of Tomcat web-container.

        ~

        Best Regards

        Jozic