Re: [gelide] GUI...

  • Abhijith
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2005
       Net beans from sun is free.

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:07 AM
      Subject: [gelide] GUI...

      Hello.
      Im new programing in GEL, an i think its a really cool IDE...
      But im looking for a good GUI Builder for JAVA with DB and so on.. can some one recomend a gpl or lgpl, or freeware version?

      Thanks so much!

      Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
    • Roberto A. Berrospe Machin
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2005
        Hello.
        Im new programing in GEL, an i think its a really cool IDE...
        But im looking for a good GUI Builder for JAVA with DB and so on.. can some one recomend a gpl or lgpl, or freeware version?

        Thanks so much!

      • Leandro Medeiros
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
          Hi Roberto!

          To build somes GUIS, i like to use de Netbeans IDE,
          cause it have a nice interface and tools to build
          easily.
          If you're looking for something more "visual", you can
          install some GUI Builders and choose the best for you:

          - http://www.guigenie.cjb.net/
          -
          http://www.openabacus.org/products.abaguibuilder.html

          Any question, e-mail me!

          Regards,

          Leandro Medeiros (Curitiba - Paraná - Brazil)

          PS: Please, sorry for my poor English!

          --- "Roberto A. Berrospe Machin"
          <rabm4483@...> escreveu:
          > Hello.
          > Im new programing in GEL, an i think its a really
          > cool IDE...
          > But im looking for a good GUI Builder for JAVA with
          > DB and so on.. can some one recomend a gpl or lgpl,
          > or freeware version?
          >
          > Thanks so much!

          > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
          > Date: 01/03/2005

          Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Instale o discador do Yahoo! agora. http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/ - Internet rápida e grátis
        • Héctor Fabián Echeverri Quintero
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
            Lo mejor es que uses eclipse, con los plugins
            adecuados

            --- "Roberto A. Berrospe Machin"
            <rabm4483@...> escribió:
            > Hello.
            > Im new programing in GEL, an i think its a really
            > cool IDE...
            > But im looking for a good GUI Builder for JAVA with
            > DB and so on.. can some one recomend a gpl or lgpl,
            > or freeware version?
            >
            > Thanks so much!

            > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
            > Date: 01/03/2005

            Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
            http://correo.yahoo.es
          • Wim Dedulle
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
              why not trying Netbeans 4.0 or Borland Jbuilder 2005 , both community
              editions.
              don't forget the power of MySQL and its jdbc driver at www.mysql.com

              >From: "Roberto A. Berrospe Machin" <rabm4483@...>
              >To: <gelide@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: [gelide] GUI...
              >Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 01:37:00 -0300
              >
              >Hello.
              >Im new programing in GEL, an i think its a really cool IDE...
              >But im looking for a good GUI Builder for JAVA with DB and so on.. can some
              >one recomend a gpl or lgpl, or freeware version?
              >
              >Thanks so much!

              >Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

            • Amish Shah
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
                Hi All,

                Those who have huge RAM > 256Mb can try Eclipse if you
                want more features.

                Checkout the new version of Eclipse 3.1. Eclipse has a
                sub-project for J2EE.

                You will need to download that zip file and its
                depedency files. All are available on eclipse.org
                web-site.
                In eclipse, all the depedent project you want to club
                with eclispe, you need to extract the zip files inside
                the same eclipse folder.

                You might end-up downloading 200MB or more. Finally
                you will see the J2EE perspective like IBM Websphere
                Studio Application developer(IBM WSAD).

                Only thing it lacks is a server.

                You can hook up Tomcat 4.0 or 5.0 or 5.5 to it or any
                other server you have with you.

                It allows you to debug similar to debugging with IBM
                WSAD.

                Eclipse and its sub-project are open source and are
                free under GPL or LGPL license.

                It has all the features you need in-fact some are
                better then the IBM WSAD 5.1. It lacks JSP Designer
                like IBM WSAD. But thats fine enough, since IBM WSAD
                takes too much time and memory if you want to use
                designer to develop the jsp in it.

                It's much better in terms of basic features compared
                to IBM WSAD. Only thing it lacks is server and JSP
                designer.

                --- "Roberto A. Berrospe Machin"
                <rabm4483@...> wrote:

                > Hello.
                > Im new programing in GEL, an i think its a really
                > cool IDE...
                > But im looking for a good GUI Builder for JAVA with
                > DB and so on.. can some one recomend a gpl or lgpl,
                > or freeware version?
                >
                > Thanks so much!

                > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
                > Date: 01/03/2005

                =====
                ____________________________________
                Regards
                Amish Shah
                ____________________________________

                __________________________________
                Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
              • Roberto A. Berrospe Machin
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
                  Hey!
                  Thanks for the response.
                  I was looking around, and i got some links, and after all, i downloaded a bulk from sun java site with netbeans 4.0 and jdk 1.4 in one pack, and ater tested netbeans i saw a wonderfull and powerfull GUI designer with code generation, events, and all for swing and awt... Awesome... but is slow for code edition, so is good to do the gui there, connect the funcitons events, and after that, switch to gel to continue the background programing, because netbeans is slow for parse... so for code purposes, gel was better for me...
                  So thanks a lot for the response.

                  Sincerelly.

                  Roberto Antonio Berrospe Machin
                  Senior Programer, Developer
                  Florida - Uruguay.
                  Phone: +598-353-0783
                  Ny: 1-914-509-9310
                  Sms: +598-94-377-032
                  CelMail: 377032@...

                  <rabm4483@...> wrote:

                  > Hello.
                  > Im new programing in GEL, an i think its a really
                  > cool IDE...
                  > But im looking for a good GUI Builder for JAVA with
                  > DB and so on.. can some one recomend a gpl or lgpl,
                  > or freeware version?
                  >
                  > Thanks so much!

                  > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
                  > Date: 01/03/2005

                  =====
                  ____________________________________
                  Regards
                  Amish Shah
                  ____________________________________

                • Brad Clarke
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 9, 2005
                    --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Roberto A. Berrospe Machin"
                    <rabm4483@y...> wrote:
                    > Hello.
                    > Im new programing in GEL, an i think its a really cool IDE...
                    > But im looking for a good GUI Builder for JAVA with DB and so on..
                    can some one recomend a gpl or lgpl, or freeware version?

                    > Thanks so much!
                    I am responsible for all of the GUI development in my current project
                    (telecom sector). For all GUI work we chose Netbeans and Gel for all
                    of the other classes.