RE: [gelide] writing servlet programs through GEL

  • Platonov Evgeniy
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005

      Hello Shreenivas M Zilli,

            “javax.servlet” package isn’t contained in standart sdk libs, so you should put “servlet-api.jar” to your classpath. You can find it, for example, in lib directory of Tomcat web-container.

      ~

      Best Regards

      Jozic

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005
        The servlet.jar package is part of the J2EE technology and it won't be
        on the J2SE 5.0 jar files. You have to install J2EE or use the
        %CATALINA_HOME%/common/lib on your classpath.

        []'s

        On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:12:14 -0000, Patrick B. P. <patrickbp@...> wrote:

        > I currently use Java 1.5.0 and I looked up the package listing under
        > javax and there is NO sub-package named servlet.
        >
        > Which version of java are you using?
        >
        > If you're using someone else's package, you need to call it by that
        > name in order to use the methods, etc.
        >
        > --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Shreenivas M Zilli"
        > <shreenivas_zilli@y...> wrote:
        > >

        > > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in gel editors
        > > I am not getting
        > > import javax.servlet.*;
        > > import javax.servlet.http.*;
        > > packages
        > > please help any one of u.
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • BhasiRaj Bhaskaran
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005
          hai patrik,

          you have to use a jar file j2ee.jar
          this jar file you can collect from some where else
          otherwise you have to install j2ee in your system

          ok
          try this and inform me
          bye
          raj

          --- "Patrick B. P." <patrickbp@...> wrote:

          > I currently use Java 1.5.0 and I looked up the
          > package listing under
          > javax and there is NO sub-package named servlet.
          >
          > Which version of java are you using?
          >
          > If you're using someone else's package, you need to
          > call it by that
          > name in order to use the methods, etc.
          >

          > --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Shreenivas M Zilli"
          > <shreenivas_zilli@y...> wrote:
          > >

          > > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
          > gel editors
          > > I am not getting
          > > import javax.servlet.*;
          > > import javax.servlet.http.*;
          > > packages
          > > please help any one of u.

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Amish Shah
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
            In order to complie your servlets you need
            servlet.jar.

            As stated by Mahesh, this jar file is inside the
            folder TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib.

            A better option is to configure your Server in Gel.
            Gel supports quite a few of Web server.
            After creating Project right click on it and open the
            properties. Go-to the Run tab and click on the Auto
            button select the server if you have installed any of
            the listed server on your computer.

            I have configured Tomcat 4 and the Gel automatically
            adds the jar files of Tomcat on to the classpath.
            In-order to verify which all jar files are added go-to
            the Libraries Tab and you should see Tomcat under it.
            Select Tomcat and click on edit button to verify the
            jar files added to the project classpath.

            Regards,
            Amish Shah

            --- "uma mahesh.s" <meet_umamahesh@...> wrote:

            > hi,
            > if u r using tomcat web server add all the
            > jar files in the path common/lib to the
            > classpath of gel and compile
            >
            > regards
            > mahesh
            >
            > Shreenivas M Zilli <shreenivas_zilli@...>
            > wrote:
            >

            > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
            > gel editors
            > I am not getting
            > import javax.servlet.*;
            > import javax.servlet.http.*;
            > packages
            > please help any one of u.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
            >

            > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life
            partneronline.

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Shreenivas Zilli
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
              Hi Amish,
              Thanks for ur detailed description for writing a servlet program in gel.
              I had not installed any server right now in my system. But i will try it out.

              Thanks n Bye

              Shree

              Amish Shah <abs2310@...> wrote:
              In order to complie your servlets you need
              servlet.jar.

              As stated by Mahesh, this jar file is inside the
              folder TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib.

              A better option is to configure your Server in Gel.
              Gel supports quite a few of Web server.
              After creating Project right click on it and open the
              properties. Go-to the Run tab and click on the Auto
              button select the server if you have installed any of
              the listed server on your computer.

              I have configured Tomcat 4 and the Gel automatically
              adds the jar files of Tomcat on to the classpath.
              In-order to verify which all jar files are added go-to
              the Libraries Tab and you should see Tomcat under it.
              Select Tomcat and click on edit button to verify the
              jar files added to the project classpath.

              Regards,
              Amish Shah

              --- "uma mahesh.s" <meet_umamahesh@...> wrote:

              > hi,
              > if u r using tomcat web server add all the
              > jar files in the path common/lib to the
              > classpath of gel and compile

              > regards
              > mahesh
              >
              > Shreenivas M Zilli <shreenivas_zilli@...>
              > wrote:
              >

              > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
              > gel editors
              > I am not getting
              > import javax.servlet.*;
              > import javax.servlet.http.*;
              > packages
              > please help any one of u.
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
              >

              > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life
              partneronline.

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

            • guna sekaran
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
                Hi Guys,
                   Writing Servlets and JSP programs in Gel is very easy.
                To write servlet in Gel you have to install JSDK 2.0 and you might atleast have j2sdk1.4.1.
                       After install these things, install Gel and assign path to c:\j2sdk1.4.1
                if u install ur os in c:.
                Then run ur JSP and Servlet programs.
                Thats all. I did it many times.
                                      - Guna