Re:writing servlet programs through GEL

  • uma mahesh.s
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 27, 2005
      hi,
      if u r using tomcat web server add all the
      jar files in the path common/lib to the
      classpath of gel and compile

      regards
      mahesh

      Shreenivas M Zilli <shreenivas_zilli@...> wrote:

      i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in gel editors
      I am not getting
      import javax.servlet.*;
      import javax.servlet.http.*;
      packages
      please help any one of u.

    • Platonov Evgeniy
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005

        Hello Shreenivas M Zilli,

              “javax.servlet” package isn’t contained in standart sdk libs, so you should put “servlet-api.jar” to your classpath. You can find it, for example, in lib directory of Tomcat web-container.

        ~

        Best Regards

        Jozic

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005
          The servlet.jar package is part of the J2EE technology and it won't be
          on the J2SE 5.0 jar files. You have to install J2EE or use the
          %CATALINA_HOME%/common/lib on your classpath.

          []'s

          On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:12:14 -0000, Patrick B. P. <patrickbp@...> wrote:

          > I currently use Java 1.5.0 and I looked up the package listing under
          > javax and there is NO sub-package named servlet.
          >
          > Which version of java are you using?
          >
          > If you're using someone else's package, you need to call it by that
          > name in order to use the methods, etc.
          >
          > --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Shreenivas M Zilli"
          > <shreenivas_zilli@y...> wrote:
          > >

          > > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in gel editors
          > > I am not getting
          > > import javax.servlet.*;
          > > import javax.servlet.http.*;
          > > packages
          > > please help any one of u.
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • BhasiRaj Bhaskaran
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005
            hai patrik,

            you have to use a jar file j2ee.jar
            this jar file you can collect from some where else
            otherwise you have to install j2ee in your system

            ok
            try this and inform me
            bye
            raj

            --- "Patrick B. P." <patrickbp@...> wrote:

            > I currently use Java 1.5.0 and I looked up the
            > package listing under
            > javax and there is NO sub-package named servlet.
            >
            > Which version of java are you using?
            >
            > If you're using someone else's package, you need to
            > call it by that
            > name in order to use the methods, etc.
            >

            > --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Shreenivas M Zilli"
            > <shreenivas_zilli@y...> wrote:
            > >

            > > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
            > gel editors
            > > I am not getting
            > > import javax.servlet.*;
            > > import javax.servlet.http.*;
            > > packages
            > > please help any one of u.

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Amish Shah
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1 1:58 PM
              In order to complie your servlets you need
              servlet.jar.

              As stated by Mahesh, this jar file is inside the
              folder TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib.

              A better option is to configure your Server in Gel.
              Gel supports quite a few of Web server.
              After creating Project right click on it and open the
              properties. Go-to the Run tab and click on the Auto
              button select the server if you have installed any of
              the listed server on your computer.

              I have configured Tomcat 4 and the Gel automatically
              adds the jar files of Tomcat on to the classpath.
              In-order to verify which all jar files are added go-to
              the Libraries Tab and you should see Tomcat under it.
              Select Tomcat and click on edit button to verify the
              jar files added to the project classpath.

              Regards,
              Amish Shah

              --- "uma mahesh.s" <meet_umamahesh@...> wrote:

              > hi,
              > if u r using tomcat web server add all the
              > jar files in the path common/lib to the
              > classpath of gel and compile
              >
              > regards
              > mahesh
              >
              > Shreenivas M Zilli <shreenivas_zilli@...>
              > wrote:
              >

              > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
              > gel editors
              > I am not getting
              > import javax.servlet.*;
              > import javax.servlet.http.*;
              > packages
              > please help any one of u.
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
              >

              > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life
              partneronline.

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • Shreenivas Zilli
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 1 9:08 PM
                Hi Amish,
                Thanks for ur detailed description for writing a servlet program in gel.
                I had not installed any server right now in my system. But i will try it out.

                Thanks n Bye

                Shree

                Amish Shah <abs2310@...> wrote:
                In order to complie your servlets you need
                servlet.jar.

                As stated by Mahesh, this jar file is inside the
                folder TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib.

                A better option is to configure your Server in Gel.
                Gel supports quite a few of Web server.
                After creating Project right click on it and open the
                properties. Go-to the Run tab and click on the Auto
                button select the server if you have installed any of
                the listed server on your computer.

                I have configured Tomcat 4 and the Gel automatically
                adds the jar files of Tomcat on to the classpath.
                In-order to verify which all jar files are added go-to
                the Libraries Tab and you should see Tomcat under it.
                Select Tomcat and click on edit button to verify the
                jar files added to the project classpath.

                Regards,
                Amish Shah

                --- "uma mahesh.s" <meet_umamahesh@...> wrote:

                > hi,
                > if u r using tomcat web server add all the
                > jar files in the path common/lib to the
                > classpath of gel and compile

                > regards
                > mahesh
                >
                > Shreenivas M Zilli <shreenivas_zilli@...>
                > wrote:
                >

                > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
                > gel editors
                > I am not getting
                > import javax.servlet.*;
                > import javax.servlet.http.*;
                > packages
                > please help any one of u.
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                >

                > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life
                partneronline.

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

              • guna sekaran
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 1 10:20 PM
                  Hi Guys,
                     Writing Servlets and JSP programs in Gel is very easy.
                  To write servlet in Gel you have to install JSDK 2.0 and you might atleast have j2sdk1.4.1.
                         After install these things, install Gel and assign path to c:\j2sdk1.4.1
                  if u install ur os in c:.
                  Then run ur JSP and Servlet programs.
                  Thats all. I did it many times.
                                        - Guna