Re: writing servlet programs through GEL

  • Patrick B. P.
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 26 9:12 PM
      I currently use Java 1.5.0 and I looked up the package listing under
      javax and there is NO sub-package named servlet.

      Which version of java are you using?

      If you're using someone else's package, you need to call it by that
      name in order to use the methods, etc.

      --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Shreenivas M Zilli"
      <shreenivas_zilli@y...> wrote:

      > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in gel editors
      > I am not getting
      > import javax.servlet.*;
      > import javax.servlet.http.*;
      > packages
      > please help any one of u.
    • uma mahesh.s
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 27 5:02 PM
        hi,
        if u r using tomcat web server add all the
        jar files in the path common/lib to the
        classpath of gel and compile

        regards
        mahesh

        Shreenivas M Zilli <shreenivas_zilli@...> wrote:

        i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in gel editors
        I am not getting
        import javax.servlet.*;
        import javax.servlet.http.*;
        packages
        please help any one of u.

      • Platonov Evgeniy
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 28 12:58 AM

          Hello Shreenivas M Zilli,

                “javax.servlet” package isn’t contained in standart sdk libs, so you should put “servlet-api.jar” to your classpath. You can find it, for example, in lib directory of Tomcat web-container.

          ~

          Best Regards

          Jozic

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 28 4:31 AM
            The servlet.jar package is part of the J2EE technology and it won't be
            on the J2SE 5.0 jar files. You have to install J2EE or use the
            %CATALINA_HOME%/common/lib on your classpath.

            []'s

            On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:12:14 -0000, Patrick B. P. <patrickbp@...> wrote:

            > I currently use Java 1.5.0 and I looked up the package listing under
            > javax and there is NO sub-package named servlet.
            >
            > Which version of java are you using?
            >
            > If you're using someone else's package, you need to call it by that
            > name in order to use the methods, etc.
            >
            > --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Shreenivas M Zilli"
            > <shreenivas_zilli@y...> wrote:
            > >

            > > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in gel editors
            > > I am not getting
            > > import javax.servlet.*;
            > > import javax.servlet.http.*;
            > > packages
            > > please help any one of u.
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • BhasiRaj Bhaskaran
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 28 10:07 PM
              hai patrik,

              you have to use a jar file j2ee.jar
              this jar file you can collect from some where else
              otherwise you have to install j2ee in your system

              ok
              try this and inform me
              bye
              raj

              --- "Patrick B. P." <patrickbp@...> wrote:

              > I currently use Java 1.5.0 and I looked up the
              > package listing under
              > javax and there is NO sub-package named servlet.
              >
              > Which version of java are you using?
              >
              > If you're using someone else's package, you need to
              > call it by that
              > name in order to use the methods, etc.
              >

              > --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Shreenivas M Zilli"
              > <shreenivas_zilli@y...> wrote:
              > >

              > > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
              > gel editors
              > > I am not getting
              > > import javax.servlet.*;
              > > import javax.servlet.http.*;
              > > packages
              > > please help any one of u.

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • Amish Shah
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
                In order to complie your servlets you need
                servlet.jar.

                As stated by Mahesh, this jar file is inside the
                folder TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib.

                A better option is to configure your Server in Gel.
                Gel supports quite a few of Web server.
                After creating Project right click on it and open the
                properties. Go-to the Run tab and click on the Auto
                button select the server if you have installed any of
                the listed server on your computer.

                I have configured Tomcat 4 and the Gel automatically
                adds the jar files of Tomcat on to the classpath.
                In-order to verify which all jar files are added go-to
                the Libraries Tab and you should see Tomcat under it.
                Select Tomcat and click on edit button to verify the
                jar files added to the project classpath.

                Regards,
                Amish Shah

                --- "uma mahesh.s" <meet_umamahesh@...> wrote:

                > hi,
                > if u r using tomcat web server add all the
                > jar files in the path common/lib to the
                > classpath of gel and compile
                >
                > regards
                > mahesh
                >
                > Shreenivas M Zilli <shreenivas_zilli@...>
                > wrote:
                >

                > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
                > gel editors
                > I am not getting
                > import javax.servlet.*;
                > import javax.servlet.http.*;
                > packages
                > please help any one of u.
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                >

                > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life
                partneronline.

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
              • Shreenivas Zilli
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
                  Hi Amish,
                  Thanks for ur detailed description for writing a servlet program in gel.
                  I had not installed any server right now in my system. But i will try it out.

                  Thanks n Bye

                  Shree

                  Amish Shah <abs2310@...> wrote:
                  In order to complie your servlets you need
                  servlet.jar.

                  As stated by Mahesh, this jar file is inside the
                  folder TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib.

                  A better option is to configure your Server in Gel.
                  Gel supports quite a few of Web server.
                  After creating Project right click on it and open the
                  properties. Go-to the Run tab and click on the Auto
                  button select the server if you have installed any of
                  the listed server on your computer.

                  I have configured Tomcat 4 and the Gel automatically
                  adds the jar files of Tomcat on to the classpath.
                  In-order to verify which all jar files are added go-to
                  the Libraries Tab and you should see Tomcat under it.
                  Select Tomcat and click on edit button to verify the
                  jar files added to the project classpath.

                  Regards,
                  Amish Shah

                  --- "uma mahesh.s" <meet_umamahesh@...> wrote:

                  > hi,
                  > if u r using tomcat web server add all the
                  > jar files in the path common/lib to the
                  > classpath of gel and compile

                  > regards
                  > mahesh
                  >
                  > Shreenivas M Zilli <shreenivas_zilli@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >

                  > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
                  > gel editors
                  > I am not getting
                  > import javax.servlet.*;
                  > import javax.servlet.http.*;
                  > packages
                  > please help any one of u.
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                  >

                  > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life
                  partneronline.

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                • guna sekaran
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
                    Hi Guys,
                       Writing Servlets and JSP programs in Gel is very easy.
                    To write servlet in Gel you have to install JSDK 2.0 and you might atleast have j2sdk1.4.1.
                           After install these things, install Gel and assign path to c:\j2sdk1.4.1
                    if u install ur os in c:.
                    Then run ur JSP and Servlet programs.
                    Thats all. I did it many times.
                                          - Guna