writing servlet programs through GEL

  • Shreenivas M Zilli
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 21, 2005
      i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in gel editors
      I am not getting
      import javax.servlet.*;
      import javax.servlet.http.*;
      packages
      please help any one of u.
    • BhasiRaj Bhaskaran
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 25, 2005
        hello sherrenivas,

        please add classpath of j2ee.jar from folder "lib"
        j2sdk1.4 or any j2ee folder
        before this you have to install j2ee other wise copy
        one j2ee.jar from any where and copy and it and
        connect it
        inform after executing this.

        bhasiraj

        --- Shreenivas M Zilli <shreenivas_zilli@...>
        wrote:

        > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
        > gel editors
        > I am not getting
        > import javax.servlet.*;
        > import javax.servlet.http.*;
        > packages
        > please help any one of u.

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • Patrick B. P.
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 26, 2005
          I currently use Java 1.5.0 and I looked up the package listing under
          javax and there is NO sub-package named servlet.

          Which version of java are you using?

          If you're using someone else's package, you need to call it by that
          name in order to use the methods, etc.

          --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Shreenivas M Zilli"
          <shreenivas_zilli@y...> wrote:

          > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in gel editors
          > I am not getting
          > import javax.servlet.*;
          > import javax.servlet.http.*;
          > packages
          > please help any one of u.
        • uma mahesh.s
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 27, 2005
            hi,
            if u r using tomcat web server add all the
            jar files in the path common/lib to the
            classpath of gel and compile

            regards
            mahesh

            Shreenivas M Zilli <shreenivas_zilli@...> wrote:

            i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in gel editors
            I am not getting
            import javax.servlet.*;
            import javax.servlet.http.*;
            packages
            please help any one of u.

          • Platonov Evgeniy
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005

              Hello Shreenivas M Zilli,

                    “javax.servlet” package isn’t contained in standart sdk libs, so you should put “servlet-api.jar” to your classpath. You can find it, for example, in lib directory of Tomcat web-container.

              ~

              Best Regards

              Jozic

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005
                The servlet.jar package is part of the J2EE technology and it won't be
                on the J2SE 5.0 jar files. You have to install J2EE or use the
                %CATALINA_HOME%/common/lib on your classpath.

                []'s

                On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:12:14 -0000, Patrick B. P. <patrickbp@...> wrote:

                > I currently use Java 1.5.0 and I looked up the package listing under
                > javax and there is NO sub-package named servlet.
                >
                > Which version of java are you using?
                >
                > If you're using someone else's package, you need to call it by that
                > name in order to use the methods, etc.
                >
                > --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Shreenivas M Zilli"
                > <shreenivas_zilli@y...> wrote:
                > >

                > > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in gel editors
                > > I am not getting
                > > import javax.servlet.*;
                > > import javax.servlet.http.*;
                > > packages
                > > please help any one of u.
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • BhasiRaj Bhaskaran
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005
                  hai patrik,

                  you have to use a jar file j2ee.jar
                  this jar file you can collect from some where else
                  otherwise you have to install j2ee in your system

                  ok
                  try this and inform me
                  bye
                  raj

                  --- "Patrick B. P." <patrickbp@...> wrote:

                  > I currently use Java 1.5.0 and I looked up the
                  > package listing under
                  > javax and there is NO sub-package named servlet.
                  >
                  > Which version of java are you using?
                  >
                  > If you're using someone else's package, you need to
                  > call it by that
                  > name in order to use the methods, etc.
                  >

                  > --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Shreenivas M Zilli"
                  > <shreenivas_zilli@y...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
                  > gel editors
                  > > I am not getting
                  > > import javax.servlet.*;
                  > > import javax.servlet.http.*;
                  > > packages
                  > > please help any one of u.

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                • Amish Shah
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
                    In order to complie your servlets you need
                    servlet.jar.

                    As stated by Mahesh, this jar file is inside the
                    folder TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib.

                    A better option is to configure your Server in Gel.
                    Gel supports quite a few of Web server.
                    After creating Project right click on it and open the
                    properties. Go-to the Run tab and click on the Auto
                    button select the server if you have installed any of
                    the listed server on your computer.

                    I have configured Tomcat 4 and the Gel automatically
                    adds the jar files of Tomcat on to the classpath.
                    In-order to verify which all jar files are added go-to
                    the Libraries Tab and you should see Tomcat under it.
                    Select Tomcat and click on edit button to verify the
                    jar files added to the project classpath.

                    Regards,
                    Amish Shah

                    --- "uma mahesh.s" <meet_umamahesh@...> wrote:

                    > hi,
                    > if u r using tomcat web server add all the
                    > jar files in the path common/lib to the
                    > classpath of gel and compile
                    >
                    > regards
                    > mahesh
                    >
                    > Shreenivas M Zilli <shreenivas_zilli@...>
                    > wrote:
                    >

                    > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
                    > gel editors
                    > I am not getting
                    > import javax.servlet.*;
                    > import javax.servlet.http.*;
                    > packages
                    > please help any one of u.
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                    >

                    > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life
                    partneronline.

                    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  • Shreenivas Zilli
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
                      Hi Amish,
                      Thanks for ur detailed description for writing a servlet program in gel.
                      I had not installed any server right now in my system. But i will try it out.

                      Thanks n Bye

                      Shree

                      Amish Shah <abs2310@...> wrote:
                      In order to complie your servlets you need
                      servlet.jar.

                      As stated by Mahesh, this jar file is inside the
                      folder TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib.

                      A better option is to configure your Server in Gel.
                      Gel supports quite a few of Web server.
                      After creating Project right click on it and open the
                      properties. Go-to the Run tab and click on the Auto
                      button select the server if you have installed any of
                      the listed server on your computer.

                      I have configured Tomcat 4 and the Gel automatically
                      adds the jar files of Tomcat on to the classpath.
                      In-order to verify which all jar files are added go-to
                      the Libraries Tab and you should see Tomcat under it.
                      Select Tomcat and click on edit button to verify the
                      jar files added to the project classpath.

                      Regards,
                      Amish Shah

                      --- "uma mahesh.s" <meet_umamahesh@...> wrote:

                      > hi,
                      > if u r using tomcat web server add all the
                      > jar files in the path common/lib to the
                      > classpath of gel and compile

                      > regards
                      > mahesh
                      >
                      > Shreenivas M Zilli <shreenivas_zilli@...>
                      > wrote:
                      >

                      > i am unable to write a servlet or jsp programs in
                      > gel editors
                      > I am not getting
                      > import javax.servlet.*;
                      > import javax.servlet.http.*;
                      > packages
                      > please help any one of u.
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                      >

                      > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life
                      partneronline.

                      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                    • guna sekaran
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
                        Hi Guys,
                           Writing Servlets and JSP programs in Gel is very easy.
                        To write servlet in Gel you have to install JSDK 2.0 and you might atleast have j2sdk1.4.1.
                               After install these things, install Gel and assign path to c:\j2sdk1.4.1
                        if u install ur os in c:.
                        Then run ur JSP and Servlet programs.
                        Thats all. I did it many times.
                                              - Guna