Help me

  • arnab ghosh
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
      hello frnds,

      plzz can anyone tell me how i can have the
      following facility using gel:

      1>while using gel,the keywords,braces etc. are not
      shown in different colors while writing java codes
      which are usually shown in other IDEs like JCreator or
      Eclipse.is it possible to have this faclilty?

      2>in case of imported class i dint get the methods
      and variables of the object of the class when i place
      a 'dot' after the object name.

      If anyone knows anythibg plzz help me.Even if there
      are any such IDEs which give such facility plzzz let
      me know

      Thanx Arnab.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Samir Kumar Mishra
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14, 2005

        Arnab,

        1. Goto Tools Options and do the following

        1. For code completion you need to do the following. Goto Tools – Options – Code Assist. And set the parser delay to the minimum (50 ms). This will work.

        Alternatively you can use Eclipse (www.eclipse.org), which is the best free Java IDE.

        Cheers J

        Samir Kumar Mishra
        È +61-403-747-809

        * samirmishra@...

        H http://samirmishra.tripod.com/

        My Attitude in life is best described by my Blood Group…  B +ve