No extension files in Project viewer

  • hdoinov
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2004
      Hi, everyone.

      I don't know if this is of any interest to the public, but since it
      bothered me for a while I decided to share my experience on the subject.

      My company uses a build tool called Jam, that builds a folder contents
      based on the instructions (file lists), stored in a file named
      'Jamfile'. What I tried to do was to add a no-extension file type to
      the File Options\Types list in the Gel Options. Unfortunately the Add
      dialog had it's OK button disabled until I entered something in the
      Extension field, making the adding of a file with no extension
      impossible. What I did was to enter 'XXX' (or any other string ypu
      like) and then I was able to add it to the known extensions list.
      After that I closed Gel and found my space in the Options.xml file in
      this tag:

      <PROPERTY Name="Extensions">XXX,ini,mf,properties,txt</PROPERTY>

      and removed it (don't forget to back up the original Options.xml
      before doing this!), leaving the comma:

      <PROPERTY Name="Extensions">,ini,mf,properties,txt</PROPERTY>

      After that the only thing left was to tell my Project and Smart
      folders that I'm interested in showing this file type in the Project
      viewer.

      I hope you'll find this post useful,

      Best regards, Hristo Doynov.