Re: Build your own Plug-In's

  • ianshef
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2004
      --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, Pobzeb Armerding
      <pobzebarmerding@y...> wrote:

      > Hi, I was wondering if there is any documentation or
      > anyone who could tell me how to write my own plug-ins
      > for GEL.

      Start in Gel by selecting Help | Help, clicking on Plugins, and then
      on Creating. You will be told the following:

      Plugins - Creating
      Plugins are created in Gel by implementing the
      com.gexperts.gel.GelAction interface. This interface is contains a
      variety of methods that are called by Gel when required. To package
      your plugin, place it into a jar and modify the jar manifest such
      that it contains an entry as follows:

      Gel-Plugin: classname
      Where classname is the classname of the plugin implementing
      GelAction. Note that this class must have a zero argument constructor.

      Source code for all plugin classes is contained in
      Gel/plugin/src/src.jar. Plugin authors are encouraged to examine this
      source for a better understanding of how plugins work. Additionally,
      the source jar includes the code for the JRefactory Pretty Printer
      plugin as an example.