Feature: Context sensitive help linked to Javadoc

  • fernandosantucci
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2004
      Dear friends,

      I had installed the J2SE JDK 1.4.2 with API Documentation on follow
      folder:
      C:\jdk1.4.2\docs\api\index.html

      I config the menu [Tools]->[Options](JDK){JavaDoc} with the upper
      path.

      So, when i select the menu [Help]->[JDK Help], i can see all
      structure of J2SE API Documentation.

      OK, but when i type a "dot" to get "Code Completion" ListBox and put
      the cursor over any class i wait get the "Context Sensitive Help
      Linked to JavaDoc", but i see the tooltip message "No Documentation
      Available".

      Well, I need know how to get this feature: "Context Sensitive Help
      Linked to JavaDoc".

      Somebody can help me with this problem?

      Best Regards,

      Fernando Santucci
      Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
      fernandosantucci@...
    • Amish Shah
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2004
        Hi,

        Goto - > Tools -> Options -> Java -> Source
        Please check if src.zip or src.jar is added to it.

        You can locate src.zip/src.jar file at $JAVA_HOME

        Regards,
        Amish

        --- fernandosantucci <fernandosantucci@...>
        wrote:

        > Dear friends,
        >
        > I had installed the J2SE JDK 1.4.2 with API
        > Documentation on follow
        > folder:
        > C:\jdk1.4.2\docs\api\index.html
        >
        > I config the menu [Tools]->[Options](JDK){JavaDoc}
        > with the upper
        > path.
        >
        > So, when i select the menu [Help]->[JDK Help], i can
        > see all
        > structure of J2SE API Documentation.
        >
        > OK, but when i type a "dot" to get "Code Completion"
        > ListBox and put
        > the cursor over any class i wait get the "Context
        > Sensitive Help
        > Linked to JavaDoc", but i see the tooltip message
        > "No Documentation
        > Available".
        >
        > Well, I need know how to get this feature: "Context
        > Sensitive Help
        > Linked to JavaDoc".
        >
        > Somebody can help me with this problem?
        >
        > Best Regards,