AW: [gelide] Servlet don't compile

  • Str PACT, Alessandro Leuzzi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2004
      Hi,
      I have found the servlet library

      Best regards

      Alessandro Leuzzi
      PACT  IT-Support
      c/o Kühne & Nagel (AG & Co) KG
      Max Planck Str. 5

      71116 Gärtringen

      Tel. 00 49 - 70 34 - 2 58 - 505
      E-Mail: <mailto:alessandro.leuzzi@...>

      -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
      Von: Amish Shah [mailto:abs2310@...]
      Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Juli 2004 06:23
      An: gelide@yahoogroups.com
      Betreff: Re: [gelide] Servlet don't compile

      Hi,

      Please checkout the following.

      Seems you have only configured the JDK.
      javax.servlet package is not part of JDK u need J2EE.

      Option 1:
      Add the servlet.jar file to your classpath. If you
      dont have servlet.jar foloow option 2.

      Option 2:
      You can download Tomcat from
      http://jakarta.apache.org/ v4 or v5 as per your need.

      Install the tomcat.

      Goto Project properties -> Run -> Slect Auto Tomcat
      specifying the Tomcat directory where you have
      installed it.

      Regards,
      Amish

      --- khusta_2000 <mtyukala@...> wrote:
      > Hi all,

      > I have been mostly using Gel to develop swing
      > applications without
      > any problems. And a few days ago I tried to focus on
      > servlet but the
      > IDE was complaining about all the syntax I was
      > using.
      > This includes everything on the following code;

      > import java.io.*;
      > import javax.servlet.*;
      > import javax.servlet.http.*;
      >

      > public class ServletTemplate extends HttpServlet {
      >   public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request,
      >                     HttpServletResponse response)
      >       throws ServletException, IOException {
      >
      >      PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
      >      //....
      >       }
      > }

      > The IDE complains about the following:
      > HttpServelet
      > HttpServletRequest
      > HttpServletResponse
      >
      > I created the file as one would do for a *.java
      > file...
      >
      > I there something I am doing wrong or missing?
      >
      > Please Help,
      > Yours...

      =====
      Regards