Re: NullPointerException with pmd

  • ianshef
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2004
      --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Copeland" <tom@i...> wrote:
      > > > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
      > > func=detail&aid=868658&group_id=562
      > > > 62&atid=479921
      > >

      > > It should be noted that viewing the above requires site
      registration.
      > > Registration can take up to 24 hours and requires providing your
      > > email address. Seems excessive for just viewing a bug report.
      >
      > Does it really? Just to view it? Hm, that's odd... I thought that
      the RFEs
      > and bugs and such were viewable even if someone was not logged
      in... is the
      > bug list here:
      >
      > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=56262&atid=479921
      >
      > viewable without being logged in?
      >
      > Yours,
      >
      > Tom

      A) My registration came through in about 10 minutes, not the 24
      hours that the registration site warned about. Good news!

      B) I still couldn't look at the bug report, receiving:
      Error
      Permission: User Not Found: Only members of this project have
      permission to view this page (you are not listed as a member of this
      project).

      I don't know whether I can sign up as a member, or someone has to
      give me permission.

      C) Using the link that you provided above accessed a list of bug
      reports for PMD. #868658 (third on the list) is "Gel plug-in doesn't
      work correctly", dated 2003-12-31. I don't know that it is the same
      problem, however. It reports a non-scrolling window and an inability
      to configure PMD, not an Exception.

      D) Now that I am registered on Sourceforge, and my browser is set up
      to log me in automatically, the results of any experiments that I
      perform are tainted! Sorry.

      Best wishes,
      Ian
    • Amish Shah
      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2004
        The bug report is viewable without logging in.
        --- Tom Copeland <tom@...> wrote:
        > > > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
        > > func=detail&aid=868658&group_id=562
        > > > 62&atid=479921
        > >

        > > It should be noted that viewing the above requires
        > site registration.
        > > Registration can take up to 24 hours and requires
        > providing your
        > > email address. Seems excessive for just viewing a
        > bug report.
        >
        > Does it really? Just to view it? Hm, that's odd...
        > I thought that the RFEs
        > and bugs and such were viewable even if someone was
        > not logged in... is the
        > bug list here:

        > viewable without being logged in?
        >
        > Yours,
        >
        > Tom

        =====
        ____________________________________
        Regards
        Amish Shah (B.E. Computer)
        Ph : +919820893839
      • Tom Copeland
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2004
          On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 12:25, ianshef wrote:
          > A) My registration came through in about 10 minutes, not the 24
          > hours that the registration site warned about. Good news!

          Cool.

          > B) I still couldn't look at the bug report, receiving:
          > Error
          > Permission: User Not Found: Only members of this project have
          > permission to view this page (you are not listed as a member of this
          > project).

          Jeepers... how odd. Hm. Maybe I pasted a bad link in there or some
          such...

          > C) Using the link that you provided above accessed a list of bug
          > reports for PMD. #868658 (third on the list) is "Gel plug-in doesn't
          > work correctly", dated 2003-12-31. I don't know that it is the same
          > problem, however. It reports a non-scrolling window and an inability
          > to configure PMD, not an Exception.

          Probably a different one... I need to work on the plugin in general,
          though... it's been broken for a while... argh...

          > D) Now that I am registered on Sourceforge, and my browser is set up
          > to log me in automatically, the results of any experiments that I
          > perform are tainted! Sorry.

          Heh :-)

          Yours,

          tom
        • zealot
          Message 4 of 9 , May 13, 2004
            On Mon May 3, 2004 at 10:01 AM, Tom Copeland wrote,

            ---8<------8<------8<---
            >> C) Using the link that you provided above accessed a list of bug
            >> reports for PMD. #868658 (third on the list) is "Gel plug-in doesn't
            >> work correctly", dated 2003-12-31. I don't know that it is the same
            >> problem, however. It reports a non-scrolling window and an inability
            >> to configure PMD, not an Exception.
            >
            > Probably a different one... I need to work on the plugin in general,
            > though... it's been broken for a while... argh...

            Tom,

            I'd like to configure PMD's usage in Gel RC4. Looking at SourceForge's
            PMD defect #868658, as mentioned above by ianshef, it looks as though
            the plugin needs a bit more tweaking be used with Gel. Any word on when
            PMD will be configurable within Gel?

            Thanks,
          • Tom Copeland
            Message 5 of 9 , May 13, 2004
              On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 11:32, zealot wrote:
              > I'd like to configure PMD's usage in Gel RC4. Looking at SourceForge's
              > PMD defect #868658, as mentioned above by ianshef, it looks as though
              > the plugin needs a bit more tweaking be used with Gel. Any word on when
              > PMD will be configurable within Gel?

              Hi zealot -

              Hm. I'm not really sure. The problem is that I'm mostly using Linux
              now, and so I have to make an effort to work on a Windows machine.

              On the other hand, if someone wanted to lend a hand, that'd be super...
              the plugin is only a hundred lines long or so:

              http://tinyurl.com/335yh

              Yours,

              Tom