Nice to have: Show current encoding

  • Ro
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2004
      All

      This is just a nice to have feature ( maybe its there I just don't know how to find it.)  I think it would be nice if the current file encoding would be displayed on the status bar somewhere.  So it would show Utf-8 or ASCII etc, what ever the encoding is of the current file.

      Thanks
      Ro
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2004
        While it isn't in your face, it is displayed in the edit menu under
        Edit|Advanced|Format|Encoding, the current encoding has a check mark
        next to it.

        Gerald

        Ro wrote:

        > All
        >
        > This is just a nice to have feature ( maybe its there I just don't know
        > how to find it.) I think it would be nice if the current file encoding
        > would be displayed on the status bar somewhere. So it would show Utf-8
        > or ASCII etc, what ever the encoding is of the current file.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Ro

      • RosMistPost
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2004

          Thanks.  I was aware of that.  As you said it's not in my face. I guess I would like to have it in my face, it's just a convenience factor, thus I said it would just be a nice to have.
          Thanks for you response.

          Cheers
          Roman