High CPU and memory utilization

  • kolerij
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
      Hi Gerald,

      The CPU and memory utilization when running Gel is increasingly high
      every time Gel is started. This causes system to become very unstable
      and unresponsive. The only resolution seems to be rebooting the machine.

      Gel version 1.0 RC38
      Win XP (SP1)

      Any ideas?

      Thanks.
      Kolerij
    • Amish Shah
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
        Gel on Win XP takes arround 19,928KB of RAM as
        displayed by Task Manager.

        Regards
        Amish Shah

        --- kolerij <kolerij@...> wrote:
        > Hi Gerald,
        >
        > The CPU and memory utilization when running Gel is
        > increasingly high
        > every time Gel is started. This causes system to
        > become very unstable
        > and unresponsive. The only resolution seems to be
        > rebooting the machine.
        >
        > Gel version 1.0 RC38
        > Win XP (SP1)
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > Thanks.
        > Kolerij

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
      • Lacerda, Wellington (AFIS)
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
          Message
          There we are. Same as with me.

          Ié changed the JSDK (was using 1.4.2_03 and downgraded it to 1.4.1_latest) and it all worked. Had no other problems with memory/cpu.

          W.