RE: [gelide] Bugs & enhancements

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2002
      Ivan,

      Fixed for tonite's version

      > 2. Creating a class with the same name as an existing one overwrites it
      > without warning.

      Fixed for tonite's version

      > 3. Shift-space doesn't create a space in the editor.

      I need to look into this one a little more, it's something in the underlying
      control

      > 4. When writting a javadoc comment when the 'Automatically add
      > closing brace' option is checked, the closing brace is added as if it
      > was part of the code. Not nice for {@link ...} and other tags.

      Fixed for tonite's version

      > 5. On the NT4 machine the default version control software was picked
      > up correctly, however I still have problems at home (Win Me) with
      > CS-RCS. It works OK otherwise, and it works fine integrated into
      > Delphi through the InSolutions interface.

      Do me a favor, export the following registry key:

      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SourceControlProvider

      This way I can see exactly why it's not being picked up by my code.

      > 1. Multiple selection of files in Project|Files...

      OK, I'll add that to my list

      > 2. Selecting a word where the cursor is (Ctrl-W in JBuilder)

      Agreed

      > 3. For After Completion, would it be possible to put the cursor behind
      > the closing brace if the method does not have params?

      Sure I will add an option

      > 4. View Project, View Class Browser and View Console commands could be
      > added to the list of commands so we could map them to keys if needed.

      You can set the keys for this already, see the key mappings dialog and
      select the 'View' category

      > 5. Would be nice if, when closing a } it would position itself in
      > line with the
      > opening one (or in line with the method). Now it does this:

      I probably won't do this one soon

      > 6. Goto Member. Is it possible to list methods without the class
      > prefix, at least when the file contains just one class?

      Yes, I'll add an option

      > 7. In javadoc comments when we go to a new line, the line could start
      > with a *

      Yep, been on my list for awhile now

      > 8. A popup menu that appears when you right click on any of the open
      > files tab could have an item: Close Files... which would open a dialog
      > where the user could check the files he wants to close. Could be
      > sorted alphabetically and could have 'select all' and 'unselect all'
      > checkboxes.

      Good idea, I like it

      > 9. It would be nice to have an incremental search.

      OK

      > And finally a question: How can I preserve Gel settings across
      > installations (would copying Options.xml do?)

      Options.xml and Toolbars.ini

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2002
        Ivan,

        I found out this is because it is mapped to the template option. Try
        remapping templates to something else and then it should work.