Re: New RC34 available - Code Assistant

  • sun2bin
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
      I mean the javadoc tip part of the popup window

      --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "sun2bin" <sun2bin@1...> wrote:
      > Yet another problem: The code assistant popup window doesn't show
      > anything, but the window size changes accordantly.
      > Maybe the text is set to the same color with the background?
      (light
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
        Could be the color issue as it is working fine for me here. Try changing
        the tooltip background in the Windows display properties

        Gerald

        sun2bin wrote:

        > I mean the javadoc tip part of the popup window
        >
        > --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "sun2bin" <sun2bin@1...> wrote:
        >
        >>Yet another problem: The code assistant popup window doesn't show
        >>anything, but the window size changes accordantly.
        >>Maybe the text is set to the same color with the background?
        >
        > (light
        >
        >>yellow)
      • Robert Baker
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
          Gerald,

          It does not appear to be the color settings, at least on my system.  When I hover over a class, I *DO* get the javadoc for that class.  But when I type the period to get the list of methods for a class, the tooltip below the list of methods is empty.  Using the keyboard to scroll through the list of methods changes the size of the tooltip portion of Code Assistant, there's just no visible text in the the tip window.

          Bob
        • Arturo García Martín
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
            Hi, Gerald.

            I've also noticed the same behaviour than Robert.
            Maybe, changes for this last release have "touched" some other components.

            So... When will GelRC35 be available? ;^)

            -= Arturo =-

            --- Robert Baker <robertbaker@...> escribió: > Gerald,

            > It does not appear to be the color settings, at least on my system. When I
            > hover over a class, I *DO* get the javadoc for that class. But when I type
            > the period to get the list of methods for a class, the tooltip below the
            > list of methods is empty. Using the keyboard to scroll through the list of
            > methods changes the size of the tooltip portion of Code Assistant, there's
            > just no visible text in the the tip window.
            >
            > Bob

            =====
            Arturo García Martín - arturo_garcia_martin@...
            eSolutions Consultant - eBusiness Architect

            Yahoo! Sorteos
            ¡Ya puedes comprar Lotería de Navidad!
            http://yahoo.ventura24.es/
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
              Should be available tomorrow night. Please send me your options.xml and
              I will attempt to duplicate here.

              Gerald

              Arturo García Martín wrote:

              > Hi, Gerald.
              >
              > I've also noticed the same behaviour than Robert.
              > Maybe, changes for this last release have "touched" some other components.
              >
              > So... When will GelRC35 be available? ;^)
              >

              > -= Arturo =-
              >

              > --- Robert Baker <robertbaker@...> escribió: > Gerald,
              >

              >>It does not appear to be the color settings, at least on my system. When I
              >>hover over a class, I *DO* get the javadoc for that class. But when I type
              >>the period to get the list of methods for a class, the tooltip below the
              >>list of methods is empty. Using the keyboard to scroll through the list of
              >>methods changes the size of the tooltip portion of Code Assistant, there's
              >>just no visible text in the the tip window.
              >>
              >>Bob

            • Arturo García Martín
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 3, 2003
                Gerald...

                Attached I sent you both the "options.xml" for Gel33 and Gel34.

                See you

                ---------------------------------

                Arturo García Martín wrote:

                > Hi, Gerald.
                >
                > I've also noticed the same behaviour than Robert.
                > Maybe, changes for this last release have "touched" some other components.
                >
                > So... When will GelRC35 be available? ;^)
                >

                > -= Arturo =-
                >

                > --- Robert Baker <robertbaker@...> escribió: > Gerald,
                >

                >>It does not appear to be the color settings, at least on my system. When I
                >>hover over a class, I *DO* get the javadoc for that class. But when I type
                >>the period to get the list of methods for a class, the tooltip below the
                >>list of methods is empty. Using the keyboard to scroll through the list of
                >>methods changes the size of the tooltip portion of Code Assistant, there's
                >>just no visible text in the the tip window.
                >>
                >>Bob

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                =====

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 4, 2003
                  OK, I tried these files and the javadoc popup and javadoc code
                  completion window appeared fine to me. I'm a little behind in the new
                  version but should be uploading it tonite, please try that and see if it
                  miracuriously works again.

                  Gerald

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 5, 2003
                    I just downloaded RC35, and the problem still exists on my system.  http://www.cimba.com/testing/MethodJavadoc.bmp

                    Thanks,
                    Bob

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 6, 2003
                      Mensaje
                      Hi all.

                      Just two snapshots from Gel at my PC.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 6, 2003
                        I also have the same problem with the newly downloaded RC35:
                        The code assistant popup window doesn't show the javadoc content,
                        while the size of the javadoc window varys accordingly.

                        However, it's nice to see all other problems solved: searching
                        Chinese chars problem, console input problem when a console app is
                        running, etc.

                        --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Baker" <robertbaker@c...>