Re: New RC34 available - Code Assistant

  • sun2bin
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
      Yet another problem: The code assistant popup window doesn't show
      anything, but the window size changes accordantly.
      Maybe the text is set to the same color with the background? (light
      yellow)
    • sun2bin
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
        I mean the javadoc tip part of the popup window

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
          Could be the color issue as it is working fine for me here. Try changing
          the tooltip background in the Windows display properties

          Gerald

          sun2bin wrote:

          > I mean the javadoc tip part of the popup window
          >
          > --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "sun2bin" <sun2bin@1...> wrote:
          >
          >>Yet another problem: The code assistant popup window doesn't show
          >>anything, but the window size changes accordantly.
          >>Maybe the text is set to the same color with the background?
          >
          > (light
          >
          >>yellow)
        • Robert Baker
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
            Gerald,

            It does not appear to be the color settings, at least on my system.  When I hover over a class, I *DO* get the javadoc for that class.  But when I type the period to get the list of methods for a class, the tooltip below the list of methods is empty.  Using the keyboard to scroll through the list of methods changes the size of the tooltip portion of Code Assistant, there's just no visible text in the the tip window.

            Bob
          • Arturo García Martín
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
              Hi, Gerald.

              I've also noticed the same behaviour than Robert.
              Maybe, changes for this last release have "touched" some other components.

              So... When will GelRC35 be available? ;^)

              -= Arturo =-

              --- Robert Baker <robertbaker@...> escribió: > Gerald,

              > It does not appear to be the color settings, at least on my system. When I
              > hover over a class, I *DO* get the javadoc for that class. But when I type
              > the period to get the list of methods for a class, the tooltip below the
              > list of methods is empty. Using the keyboard to scroll through the list of
              > methods changes the size of the tooltip portion of Code Assistant, there's
              > just no visible text in the the tip window.
              >
              > Bob

              =====
              Arturo García Martín - arturo_garcia_martin@...
              eSolutions Consultant - eBusiness Architect

              Yahoo! Sorteos
              ¡Ya puedes comprar Lotería de Navidad!
              http://yahoo.ventura24.es/
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
                Should be available tomorrow night. Please send me your options.xml and
                I will attempt to duplicate here.

                Gerald

                Arturo García Martín wrote:

                > Hi, Gerald.
                >
                > I've also noticed the same behaviour than Robert.
                > Maybe, changes for this last release have "touched" some other components.
                >
                > So... When will GelRC35 be available? ;^)
                >

                > -= Arturo =-
                >

                > --- Robert Baker <robertbaker@...> escribió: > Gerald,
                >

                >>It does not appear to be the color settings, at least on my system. When I
                >>hover over a class, I *DO* get the javadoc for that class. But when I type
                >>the period to get the list of methods for a class, the tooltip below the
                >>list of methods is empty. Using the keyboard to scroll through the list of
                >>methods changes the size of the tooltip portion of Code Assistant, there's
                >>just no visible text in the the tip window.
                >>
                >>Bob

              • Arturo García Martín
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 3, 2003
                  Gerald...

                  Attached I sent you both the "options.xml" for Gel33 and Gel34.

                  See you

                  ---------------------------------

                  Arturo García Martín wrote:

                  > Hi, Gerald.
                  >
                  > I've also noticed the same behaviour than Robert.
                  > Maybe, changes for this last release have "touched" some other components.
                  >
                  > So... When will GelRC35 be available? ;^)
                  >

                  > -= Arturo =-
                  >

                  > --- Robert Baker <robertbaker@...> escribió: > Gerald,
                  >

                  >>It does not appear to be the color settings, at least on my system. When I
                  >>hover over a class, I *DO* get the javadoc for that class. But when I type
                  >>the period to get the list of methods for a class, the tooltip below the
                  >>list of methods is empty. Using the keyboard to scroll through the list of
                  >>methods changes the size of the tooltip portion of Code Assistant, there's
                  >>just no visible text in the the tip window.
                  >>
                  >>Bob

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                  =====

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 4, 2003
                    OK, I tried these files and the javadoc popup and javadoc code
                    completion window appeared fine to me. I'm a little behind in the new
                    version but should be uploading it tonite, please try that and see if it
                    miracuriously works again.

                    Gerald

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 5, 2003
                      I just downloaded RC35, and the problem still exists on my system.  http://www.cimba.com/testing/MethodJavadoc.bmp

                      Thanks,
                      Bob

                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 6, 2003
                        Mensaje
                        Hi all.

                        Just two snapshots from Gel at my PC.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 6, 2003
                          I also have the same problem with the newly downloaded RC35:
                          The code assistant popup window doesn't show the javadoc content,
                          while the size of the javadoc window varys accordingly.

                          However, it's nice to see all other problems solved: searching
                          Chinese chars problem, console input problem when a console app is
                          running, etc.

                          --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Baker" <robertbaker@c...>