Re: [gelide] Re: Debugger with jdk 1.3.1_07

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      - Are you compiling your files with debug info?
      - Make sure the highlight line color is not the same as the background in editor options

      Gerald

    • omertasoft
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003

        <ppatrickson@y...> wrote:
        > Hi!
        >
        > Ive had the same problem but with other ide:s. The thing was that
        > the program that was running where using classes from another
        > location than the one i thought it was using. So, the actual
        > classes that where being run where results of previous
        > compilations, so therefore had other line number information in
        > them.
        >
        > Check your classpath.
        >
        > regards
        > /ppatrickson
        >
        > --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "omertasoft" <yesildal@f...> wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I am using jdk 1.3.1_07, and GEL 1.0.0.0 RC33b. In the debugger,
        > > after it hits the breakpoint, when you further execute line by
        > line,
        > > the cursor doesn't go to the line the debugger is executing, I
        read
        > > that some people managed to have it running and some did not. Is
        it
        > > my JDK version, or any settings I need to change?
        > >
        > > any help is greatly appreciated.
        > >
        > > Vito,
      • omertasoft
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
          Yes i compile with debug info, the debugger hits the break point and
          in the debug window i can see at which line the debugger is. But the
          cursor in the editor stays at the breakpoint. It's not the colors,
          the cursor is stuck in the breakpoint line...

          I don't know if it can't parse the debug output so here is the debug
          output "Step completed: thread="Thread-3", RDVEngine.getRDVHandler(),
          line=53, bci=148"

          so the cursor should move to line 53, the breakpoint is at line 49
          and the cursor is there as well.

          Murat,

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/