Go to Class (CTRL+mouse click) working?

  • jnjintheface
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2003
      Hi,
      Has anyone gotten the go to class working where it looks like you
      should be able to hold CTRL down and click on a class name in a java file.

      This work for jdk classes, eg. if you hold CTRL down and click on
      'String', it will open the String java class from the jdk source.

      I haven't gotten this to work with other classes/source - has anyone
      gotten this to work?

      Any help is appreciated..

      Jesper
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2003
        It works fine for me, is your source path configured correctly in the project? i.e. if the package is com.gexperts.util.StringHelper the directory should be something like:

        c:/blah/src/com/gexperts/util/StringHelper.java

        and the source path in Gel should be set to c:/blah/src

        Gerald

      • jnjintheface
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2003
          I think I know what it is...

          If you do this:
          new Log4jTest2(); (ps. this is the complete line)
          where the Log4jTest2 will seem clickable when CTRL is held down but
          nothing happens when you click it..

          If you do this:
          Log4jTest2 test = new Log4jTest2();
          and click the first Log4jTest2, it will work.

          So the conclusion so far seems to be that if the class name has
          something after it like a bracket, it will not work..

          Does that make sense?

          Jesper

          --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Nunn" <gnunn@g...> wrote:
          > It works fine for me, is your source path configured correctly in
          the project? i.e. if the package is com.gexperts.util.StringHelper the
          directory should be something like:

          > c:/blah/src/com/gexperts/util/StringHelper.java
          >
          > and the source path in Gel should be set to c:/blah/src
          >
          > Gerald

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • milltown77
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2003
            --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "jnjintheface" <jnjintheface@y...>
            wrote:
            > I think I know what it is...
            >
            > If you do this:
            > new Log4jTest2(); (ps. this is the complete line)
            > where the Log4jTest2 will seem clickable when CTRL is held down but
            > nothing happens when you click it..
            >
            > If you do this:
            > Log4jTest2 test = new Log4jTest2();
            > and click the first Log4jTest2, it will work.
            >
            > So the conclusion so far seems to be that if the class name has
            > something after it like a bracket, it will not work..
            >
            > Does that make sense?
            >
            > Jesper

            yup, that's how it works for me too.

            Log4jTest test = new Log4jTest();
            yes no
          • Jay Ballinger
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 4, 2003
              I've noticed that Gel doesn't find inner classes by CTRL-clicking either.

              By the way, Gerald, how have you been? Seems like you've had a rough few
              months over the summer.

              - jay