Run and compile at same time

  • Elias Alejandro Morales Torres
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hi Gerald could by possible to be running one class file and
      compiling a diferent or even the same file?

      Because Gel at the moment do not let me compile any other file if I
      am running one.

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2003
        No plans for this at point, I don't really see the benefit myself since changes made by compiling will not take effect until the application is run again.

        Gerald

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2003
          I agree with that, but now I am working with one applet that is connected to one servlet to obtain data from a database, I made changes to the servlet and I can not compile it when I am running the applet.

          That is the reason for wich I am asking.
          No plans for this at point, I don't really see the benefit myself since changes made by compiling will not take effect until the application is run again.

          Gerald

        • Roman Käppeler
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 5, 2003
            > No plans for this at point, I don't really see the benefit myself
            since
            > changes made by compiling will not take effect until the
            application is run
            > again.

            Yes, but I think this behaviour is often admired. You have your program running and you quickly want to compile a few little changes and run this new instance without canceling the previous started one.
          • Marlon Candido Guérios
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 5, 2003

              When using Tomcat with the context properly configured (reload=true), the new classes are reloaded automatically without stop/start...

              Marlon

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 5, 2003
                Good points, I will look at supporting it for the next release.

                Gerald