Gel variables, Environment variables, tools?

  • jlsoper
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2003
      Dear Gerald,

      Could you create a 'new' Gel variable which would identify which
      'Smart folder' is highlighted in the Project Manager view?

      Ex) Gel currently has:

      $(FILE_PATH) Path of the currently active file, no filename

      I would like to have something similar:

      $(FOLDER_PATH) Path of highlighted 'smart' folder

      I could then incorporate this into a 'Tool' in order to do some work
      on the folder's contents and/or its subfolder's contents.

      The way Gel is, one must have a file 'open' in the folder that your
      concerned with, in order for $(FILE_PATH) to be valid. This won't
      work in some Projects which have folders with no files, but
      many subfolders.

      Also, could Environment variables be incorporated into setting up a
      Tool? (Like %JAVA_HOME% , %PATH% , etc.)
      It would be nice to be able to use these in 'Working Directory' and
      'Parameters'.

      Thanks for your hard work, Gel is a great product!

      James