Re: [gelide] Interaction details

  • echambe1@txu.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2003
      Gerald:

      I just got back from vacation and looks like I missed alot of action last
      week and half. Either
      way, saw this one and wanted to comment on it.

      ">Also, it would be nice if Gel would automatically check out files when
      >edits are attempted. Is this possible?

      Yes, it has been requested previously"

      Please make this an option rather than just doing it auotmatically. There
      are many cases where
      you would not want a file to be automatically checked out by just
      attempting to edit it.

      Thanks,
      Ej Chambers

      | | "Gerald Nunn" |
      | | <gnunn@gexperts.c|
      | | om> |
      | | |
      | | 04/30/2003 12:45 |
      | | AM |
      | | Please respond to|
      | | gelide |
      | | |
      | |
      | To: gelide@yahoogroups.com |
      | cc: gnunn@... |
      | Subject: Re: [gelide] Interaction details |

      >Are there any plans to allow us to select multiple files in the project
      >manager, and then check them out or edit them en masse?

      Not in that manner, treeviews in Windows do not support multiple selection.
      There will probably be a checkin/checkout capability supported on folders
      in some point in the future

      >Also, it would be nice if Gel would automatically check out files when
      >edits are attempted. Is this possible?

      Yes, it has been requested previously

      >I also recently had an issue with the VSS integration, where I selected
      >a file in the Project Manager and used the source control toolbar to add
      >it to source control. VSS says it was successfully added, but the status
      >was not updated in the Project Manager, no matter what I did.

      Thanks, I will have a look at it

      contains or may contain confidential information intended only for the
      addressee. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, be
      advised that any reading, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying
      or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
      immediately by reply message and delete this email message and any
      attachments from your system.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2003
        Ej,

        >Please make this an option rather than just doing it auotmatically. There
        >are many cases where
        >you would not want a file to be automatically checked out by just
        >attempting to edit it.

        It would definitely be optional, I would not like this behavior either for my personal work (but I can understand why others would).