Re: [gelide] RC33 - HTML/RTF copy'n'paste

    Message 1 of 6 , May 2 12:01 AM
      Thanks, for the feedback, I will look into it further tomorrow.

      Gerald

      On 5/2/2003 at 4:54 PM Paul King wrote:
      >I am using GelRC33 and Office XP (PowerPoint 2002/Word 2002) under
      >Windows XP.
    • ianshef
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2 11:56 AM
        --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, Paul King <king@a...> wrote:
        <snip>
        > When copying from Gel as RTF I can happily paste into Wordpad
        without
        > problems however office clipboard (and hence powerpoint and word)
        > complains as follows: Item not collected: Format not supported by
        office
        > clipboard. Consequently the Paste option is greyed out as if
        nothing had
        > been copied. Neither RealJ or XMLSpy have this problem. If I paste
        first
        > into wordpad then re-copy and paste special into powerpoint,
        everything
        > is OK.
        >
        > I am using GelRC33 and Office XP (PowerPoint 2002/Word 2002) under
        > Windows XP.
        <snip>
        Using GelRC33 and Office XP (PowerPoint 2002/Word 2002) under Windows
        2000, Word took the RTF, but PowerPoint won't. Funny, the name under
        Paste Special is the same from Gel as it is if I copy from
        Word "Formatted Text (RTF)".

        -- Ian Shef
      • sun2bin
        Message 3 of 6 , May 6 1:20 AM
          Hi, Gerald!

          The serious problem of truncating files remains since you added
          unicode conversion support.

          I have sent you a letter with a sample file which has some
          Chinese characters.

          There are two problems:

          1. When I click to open a file, it only show the first tens of
          lines, with the left lines gone...

          2. When I modified a file and click "Save", Gel notified "...file is
          externally modified, update?" and when I click "update", all the
          content disappeared!

          So, can you remove the unicode conversion support? Before you
          adding it, I was always using Gel with pleasure.
          Message 4 of 6 , May 7 8:41 AM
            Thanks, I'll have a look tonite or tomorrow.