Re: [gelide] RC33 - HTML/RTF copy'n'paste

  • Paul King
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2003
      Gerald Nunn wrote:
      > I still need help testing RC33 with respect to the Unicode changes. Note that even if your not using unicode, your input is still valuable in making sure nothing has been broken with respect to file saving and loading. I have uploaded a new version of the RC33 test, in addition to the unicode stuff, the following changes have been made:
      > - Added copy as html and copy as rtf edit menu items

      Really love this feature and it mostly works but I still have the
      following issues:

      When copying from Gel as HTML and pasting into PowerPoint it loses
      linebreaks (I can live with this if the below way worked). BTW, it
      doesn't lose linebreaks when pasting into Word. Also BTW, wordpad's
      paste is greyed out - presumably it doesn't support pasting of HTML and
      this is the desired behaviour.

      When copying from Gel as RTF I can happily paste into Wordpad without
      problems however office clipboard (and hence powerpoint and word)
      complains as follows: Item not collected: Format not supported by office
      clipboard. Consequently the Paste option is greyed out as if nothing had
      been copied. Neither RealJ or XMLSpy have this problem. If I paste first
      into wordpad then re-copy and paste special into powerpoint, everything
      is OK.

      I am using GelRC33 and Office XP (PowerPoint 2002/Word 2002) under
      Windows XP.
      Keep up the great work.

      Paul.
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2003
        Thanks, for the feedback, I will look into it further tomorrow.

        Gerald

        On 5/2/2003 at 4:54 PM Paul King wrote:
        >I am using GelRC33 and Office XP (PowerPoint 2002/Word 2002) under
        >Windows XP.
      • ianshef
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2003
          --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, Paul King <king@a...> wrote:
          <snip>
          > When copying from Gel as RTF I can happily paste into Wordpad
          without
          > problems however office clipboard (and hence powerpoint and word)
          > complains as follows: Item not collected: Format not supported by
          office
          > clipboard. Consequently the Paste option is greyed out as if
          nothing had
          > been copied. Neither RealJ or XMLSpy have this problem. If I paste
          first
          > into wordpad then re-copy and paste special into powerpoint,
          everything
          > is OK.
          >
          > I am using GelRC33 and Office XP (PowerPoint 2002/Word 2002) under
          > Windows XP.
          <snip>
          Using GelRC33 and Office XP (PowerPoint 2002/Word 2002) under Windows
          2000, Word took the RTF, but PowerPoint won't. Funny, the name under
          Paste Special is the same from Gel as it is if I copy from
          Word "Formatted Text (RTF)".

          -- Ian Shef
        • sun2bin
          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2003
            Hi, Gerald!

            The serious problem of truncating files remains since you added
            unicode conversion support.

            I have sent you a letter with a sample file which has some
            Chinese characters.

            There are two problems:

            1. When I click to open a file, it only show the first tens of
            lines, with the left lines gone...

            2. When I modified a file and click "Save", Gel notified "...file is
            externally modified, update?" and when I click "update", all the
            content disappeared!

            So, can you remove the unicode conversion support? Before you
            adding it, I was always using Gel with pleasure.
            Message 5 of 6 , May 7, 2003
              Thanks, I'll have a look tonite or tomorrow.