RC33 Observations

  • ianshef
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2003
      Gerald Nunn wrote:
      <snip>
      > I have uploaded a new version of the RC33 test, in addition to the
      unicode stuff, the following changes have been made:
      <snip>
      > - Popup editor hint font now controlled by popup font options

      This affects the popups (both the scrollbox and the Javadoc tip)
      when, for exaple, one types: objectVariable.

      However, it does not affect the Javadoc popup when the mouse hovers
      over, for example, the name of a class.
      Is this the intended behavior?

      <snip>
      > - Added copy as html and copy as rtf edit menu items

      This seems backwards to the way that most programs implement copy and
      paste. Usually, the Copy function makes available all possible
      formats, and it is through the Paste or Paste Special function that a
      choice of destination format is made.
      Gel already makes "Unformatted Text" and "Unformatted Unicode Text"
      available on a normal copy; why not "RTF" and "HTML" as well - and
      eliminate the special copy functions. (This may, however, require Gel
      to implement a Copy Special function as well.)
      Gel's way is not wrong, just different.
      <snip>

      Also, I had problems with the PMD plugin. I had to Remove the PMD
      plugin, restart Gel, Add the PMD plugin, and restart Gel. Works OK
      now. Strange.

      Best Wishes,
      -- Ian
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2003
        On 5/1/2003 at 7:34 PM ianshef wrote:
        >However, it does not affect the Javadoc popup when the mouse hovers
        >over, for example, the name of a class.
        >Is this the intended behavior?

        No, I'll fix that

        >This seems backwards to the way that most programs implement copy and
        >paste. Usually, the Copy function makes available all possible
        >formats, and it is through the Paste or Paste Special function that a
        >choice of destination format is made.

        It's just the way I like it myself, I dislike the whole Paste Special methodology. Additionally, to make this change I'd have to monkey with the inards of SynEdit which is something I would prefer not to do at this point.