RC33

    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 9:30 AM
      I still need help testing RC33 with respect to the Unicode changes. Note that even if your not using unicode, your input is still valuable in making sure nothing has been broken with respect to file saving and loading. I have uploaded a new version of the RC33 test, in addition to the unicode stuff, the following changes have been made:

      - Fixed an AV that would occur if you switched between two
      projects that used different source control providers
      - Fixed painting of active line when editor is scrolled to the right.
      - Project file is automatically backed up when loaded successfully
      as the last known good state. If project fails to load, Gel prompts
      to load this backup automatically
      - Added support for loading unicode and utf-8 files, converting them
      to ANSI for editing, and then saving them back in original format
      - Toggling the spell checking no longer prevents it from coming back on
      - Checking in modified file from project viewer now saves file as
      expected prior to checkin
      - Added some code to fix a spurious EInvalidOp exception in
      certain very peculiar circumstances
      - Extra line spacing option automatically gets set to 1
      when active line border is on
      - Popup editor hint font now controlled by popup font options
      - Fixed problems with implement interfaces when class
      is not syntatically correct
      - Adding a new file to source control correctly updates it's
      source control status
      - Added Goto Class dialog, this dialog shows all classes in
      scope and enables you to jump to a class quickly and easily
      - Folders now support group source control operations for SCC
      API based providers
      - Added copy as html and copy as rtf edit menu items
      - Added option to turn active line border on or off

      As per my warning with the last test version, please make sure your files are backed up prior to using this version.

      Gerald
    • Paul King
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 11:54 PM
        Gerald Nunn wrote:
        > I still need help testing RC33 with respect to the Unicode changes. Note that even if your not using unicode, your input is still valuable in making sure nothing has been broken with respect to file saving and loading. I have uploaded a new version of the RC33 test, in addition to the unicode stuff, the following changes have been made:
        > - Added copy as html and copy as rtf edit menu items

        Really love this feature and it mostly works but I still have the
        following issues:

        When copying from Gel as HTML and pasting into PowerPoint it loses
        linebreaks (I can live with this if the below way worked). BTW, it
        doesn't lose linebreaks when pasting into Word. Also BTW, wordpad's
        paste is greyed out - presumably it doesn't support pasting of HTML and
        this is the desired behaviour.

        When copying from Gel as RTF I can happily paste into Wordpad without
        problems however office clipboard (and hence powerpoint and word)
        complains as follows: Item not collected: Format not supported by office
        clipboard. Consequently the Paste option is greyed out as if nothing had
        been copied. Neither RealJ or XMLSpy have this problem. If I paste first
        into wordpad then re-copy and paste special into powerpoint, everything
        is OK.

        I am using GelRC33 and Office XP (PowerPoint 2002/Word 2002) under
        Windows XP.
        Keep up the great work.

        Paul.
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2 12:01 AM
          Thanks, for the feedback, I will look into it further tomorrow.

          Gerald

          On 5/2/2003 at 4:54 PM Paul King wrote:
          >I am using GelRC33 and Office XP (PowerPoint 2002/Word 2002) under
          >Windows XP.
        • ianshef
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2 11:56 AM
            --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, Paul King <king@a...> wrote:
            <snip>
            > When copying from Gel as RTF I can happily paste into Wordpad
            without
            > problems however office clipboard (and hence powerpoint and word)
            > complains as follows: Item not collected: Format not supported by
            office
            > clipboard. Consequently the Paste option is greyed out as if
            nothing had
            > been copied. Neither RealJ or XMLSpy have this problem. If I paste
            first
            > into wordpad then re-copy and paste special into powerpoint,
            everything
            > is OK.
            >
            > I am using GelRC33 and Office XP (PowerPoint 2002/Word 2002) under
            > Windows XP.
            <snip>
            Using GelRC33 and Office XP (PowerPoint 2002/Word 2002) under Windows
            2000, Word took the RTF, but PowerPoint won't. Funny, the name under
            Paste Special is the same from Gel as it is if I copy from
            Word "Formatted Text (RTF)".

            -- Ian Shef
          • sun2bin
            Message 5 of 6 , May 6 1:20 AM
              Hi, Gerald!

              The serious problem of truncating files remains since you added
              unicode conversion support.

              I have sent you a letter with a sample file which has some
              Chinese characters.

              There are two problems:

              1. When I click to open a file, it only show the first tens of
              lines, with the left lines gone...

              2. When I modified a file and click "Save", Gel notified "...file is
              externally modified, update?" and when I click "update", all the
              content disappeared!

              So, can you remove the unicode conversion support? Before you
              adding it, I was always using Gel with pleasure.
              Message 6 of 6 , May 7 8:41 AM
                Thanks, I'll have a look tonite or tomorrow.