Indentation, Auto-Indentation, Argh!

  • devcheese
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2002
      Hi all,

      The auto-indentation is absolutely terrible - It constantly gets
      really confused and ends up indenting things to random tab points.

      If it makes any difference, I'm not using "tabs to spaces" - I
      prefer tab characters as indents.

      Also, can anyone tell me how the watches work? I've tried adding
      several but I never see a value on any.

      Thanks, and thanks for the product which made my current project
      that little bit easier.
      --
      Simon Steele
      Programmers Notepad - http://www.pnotepad.org/
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2002
        Simon,

        Good to hear from you again, how are things going?

        I'm using the open source Syn Edit components which I freely admit could
        probably use a little work on dealing with tabs. Can you send me a file that
        shows the problem along with steps to duplicate it here? I can have a look
        at the code in SynEdit and see if I can sort it out.

        > Also, can anyone tell me how the watches work? I've tried adding
        > several but I never see a value on any.

        The watches work they way they do in JDB which is quite a bit different then
        tools such as Delphi. Basically, the watches only kick off when they
        variable that is being watched changes. Debugging is definitely a weak point
        in this release, I hope to replace it down the road with a JVMDI compliant
        debugger.

        > Thanks, and thanks for the product which made my current project
        > that little bit easier.

        No problem.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2002
          Simon,

          Do you have any of the smart tab options turned on?

          Gerald
        • devcheese
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 7, 2002
            Gerald,

            > Do you have any of the smart tab options turned on?

            I have the following options enabled (The enhance home key might be
            causing me problems too...)

            Auto-Indent
            Enhance Home Key
            Trim trailing spaces

            Smart Tabs

            Do I perhaps need the Smart Tab delete as well? I'll possibly get a
            chance to play some more later, but I'm a bit busy right now.

            Thanks,
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 7, 2002
              Gerald,

              Have now read the announcement about .75j and have downloaded it.
              I'll tell you how I find it later.

              Cheers,