Need Testing Help

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2003
      A preliminary version of Gel RC14 has been put together. This version corrects a number of issues, however it also has an upgraded version of the file manager which was required to correct some leaks in those components. Unfortunately, when testing here I got some exceptions with loading the options.xml file. I can't tell if the exceptions were due to something temporary I've done or are a consequence of changes in the components. I didn't keep a backup of the file so I can't go back and test it with an original.

      I would ask some people here to test RC14 to make sure you can open Gel OK after installing it. Please make sure to backup options.xml to a different filename or location prior to installing RC14 so you can back out if necessary. RC14 is available at http://www.gexperts.com/GelRC14.zip

      DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION WITHOUT CAREFULLY READING THE ABOVE.

      Gerald
    • Ivan Vecanski
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2003
        No problems here with running RC14 with old options.xml. Seems that the
        problems with the Open dialog are gone too :)

        Ivan

      • ask <defaulthtm@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2003
          I also had no problems loading the new version.

        • ianshef <ishef@earthlink.net>
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2003
            --- In gelide@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Nunn" <gnunn@g...> wrote:
            <snip>
            I would ask some people here to test RC14 to make sure you can open
            Gel OK after installing it.
            <snip>

            RC14 under Windows 2000 worked as well for me and what I do as did
            RC13b1. No problems with the options.xml file.