Re: [gelide] Marks

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 11, 2002
      Marks are only persisted if the file is in the project and the marks only re-appear if you open that file while that project is open. Does this explain what you are seeing?

      From: echambe1@...
      Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:40:49 -0600

    • echambe1@txu.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 12, 2002
        The error seems to occur when I use the smart folders option. As a test, I
        created a new blank project.
        I added a new Java Class named Test to the project with a test package of
        com.txu. I then added any
        mark to anywhere in the class.

        If I close the file, the mark still remains. If I double click the mark,
        Gel opens the file and takes me to
        the line where the mark was placed, but it removes the mark in doing so. If
        the file is already open
        and I double click the mark, Gel takes me to the line position and does not
        remove the mark.
        This may be a bug.

        If I then create a Smart Folder for the directory com, under src, the
        Project then shows 2 Test,java
        files and the marks still work. Once I remove the Test.java file not under
        the Smart Folder, is
        when the Marks no longer work.

        Is this due to the fact the file is no longer directly underneath the
        project, but rather in a directory?
        Also, another minor issue is Under Options->User Marks you the Help says
        you are able to
        change the label of the Marks by clicking the desired one and changing the
        name. I am unable
        to do so.

        I hope this little explanation/test clarifies what I was hoping to convey.

        Thanks,
        Ej

        "Gerald Nunn" <gnunn@...> on 12/11/2002 10:07:30 PM

        Please respond to gelide@yahoogroups.com

        To: <gelide@yahoogroups.com>
        cc:

        Subject: Re: [gelide] Marks

        From: echambe1@...
        Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:40:49 -0600

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 12, 2002
          Thanks for the detailed description, I'll look into these today or tomorrow.

          Gerald

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 12, 2002
            Ej,

            On 12/12/2002 at 7:46 AM echambe1@... wrote:
            >If I then create a Smart Folder for the directory com, under src, the
            >Project then shows 2 Test,java
            >files and the marks still work. Once I remove the Test.java file not under
            >the Smart Folder, is
            >when the Marks no longer work.

            Found the problem, the marks window actually shows you a combination of the marks in the project and the marks for an open file. When you open a file, marks are actually only added to the open files mark list until you save the file. This prevents the issue of creating some marks against a changed file but not saving it causing the marks to be out of whack. The problem is that when you open a file for the first time it needs to move the marks from the file node in the project to the open file object marks list.

            >Also, another minor issue is Under Options->User Marks you the Help says
            >you are able to
            >change the label of the Marks by clicking the desired one and changing the
            >name. I am unable
            >to do so.

            This window uses a Listview control so it behaves like explorer. Try focusing an item by clicking on it and then click it again to edit it.