Multiple Monitors

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 19, 2002
      Can anyone who is running multiple monitors duplicate issue 302? Basically the issue is if you drag the class browser to a secondary window, it snaps back to the first monitor.

      Gerald
    • chrishall314
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 19, 2002
        > Can anyone who is running multiple monitors duplicate issue 302?
        Basically the issue is if you drag the class browser to a secondary
        window, it snaps back to the first monitor.

        I can reproduce the problem using 87c. Although I understand it is
        fixed for 87d.
      • gnunn2
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 19, 2002
          --- In gelide@y..., "chrishall314" <chrishall314@y...> wrote:
          > I can reproduce the problem using 87c. Although I understand it
          >is fixed for 87d.

          Thanks for confirming the bug, it is not fixed for 0.87d. I don't
          have a multi-monitor setup to test the issue with so it will probably
          be a few iterations to get it corrected.

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 19, 2002
            I think I know what the problem is. Once the form is undocked, can you then move it to a different monitor? i.e. try the following:

            a. Undock form to second monitor, snaps back to first
            b. Now move the already undocked form to second monitor, does it still snap back?

            Gerald

            On 11/19/2002 at 9:02 PM gnunn2 wrote:

            >--- In gelide@y..., "chrishall314" <chrishall314@y...> wrote:
            >> I can reproduce the problem using 87c. Although I understand it
            >>is fixed for 87d.
            >
            >Thanks for confirming the bug, it is not fixed for 0.87d. I don't
            >have a multi-monitor setup to test the issue with so it will probably
            >be a few iterations to get it corrected.
            >
            >Gerald

          • Daan Kets
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 20, 2002
              I don't have this problem.

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 20, 2002
                hey - just for reference. i filed that multiple monitor bug, but i'm
                incredibly worried about it. i have noticed some wierd behavior
                playing around with the docking stuff, but the only thing i really
                want is to be able to dock the stuff on the right side of the screen,
                which you said is fixed in 87D.

                as a coworker pointed out, it's possible to move the stuff to the
                right side of the screen, undocked. you just need to right click the
                floating window, go to "move", and then move it over. but if you just
                drag it with the mouse, without using "move", it will bounce back to
                monitor 1.

                thanks again,
                john
              • john dubyah
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 20, 2002
                  --- In gelide@y..., "john dubyah" <jmurc5@h...> wrote:
                  > hey - just for reference. i filed that multiple monitor bug, but i'm
                  > incredibly worried about it.

                  sorry, i'm NOT incredibly worried :)

                  john
                • john dubyah
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 21, 2002
                    now that i can dock things on the right monitor, and edit things on
                    the left monitor, i am a happy guy. thanks for the quick bugfix!

                    john