Re: [gelide] Version 0.75g out

  • Ivan Vecanski
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
      Hi,

      On 03 March 2002 at 21:50:06 GMT -0500 (which was 02:50 where I live) Gerald Nunn
      wrote:

      GN> - Fixed problems with CS-RCS version control system

      I use CS-RCS on this machine, but it doesn't appear in the Source
      Control Provider list. I don't have Visual Studio.

      Also, When JAVA files are associated with Gel (within Gel Options),
      and you double click a java file, Gel will open the file, but the
      following message will appear from Windows Explorer:

      "Windows cannot find 'C:\dev\java\gel\test\Test.java'. You may have
      typed the name incorrectly in the Run dialog, or another open program
      cannot find a system file. To search for a file, click the Start
      button, and then click Search."

      When I disable 'Use DDE' in Windows' File Association, everything
      seems to work OK.

      GN> - Added a new dialog in project menu to enable users to quickly locate and
      GN> open project files

      Great stuff.

      Regards,

      Ivan

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
        Ivan,

        >I use CS-RCS on this machine, but it doesn't appear in the Source
        >Control Provider list. I don't have Visual Studio.

        I have downloaded and tried CS-RCS here and it is working fine. Having said that, I have a suspicion where the problem lies and will correct it tonite.

        >When I disable 'Use DDE' in Windows' File Association, everything
        >seems to work OK.

        Gel uses DDE by default for associations since it is a lot more efficient when you accidently double click 30 java files in explorer. I think you may have found one of the last relative vs absolute bugs, I'll correct it for tonite's version.