extra syntax colouring for core java classes/packages

  • haste2002de
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2002
      Gerald,
      i wonder if it is possible to define syntax colouring for core java
      classes/packages? I didn't find an option.
      It would be (inmho) an extra goodie if e.g. System.out.println()
      could be coloured differently to mypackage.myclass.DoIt().
      Is there an option or could you introduce this?
      with kind regards,
      HaSTe
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23, 2002
        Haste,

        There is no way to do this at the moment, sorry. The syntax highlighting is done using a simple lexer that has no knowledge of what is a core class and what isn't. The overhead of trying to figure this out the fly would not perform very well. The other option of creating some sort of dictionary is a too time consuming for me right now.

        From: "haste2002de" <Hans-Joerg.Strauss@...>
        Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:51:29 -0000