JarMaker Plugin

  • echambe1@txu.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2002
      Hello all:

      I have downloaded and attmepted to use the JarMaker Plugin. I am having a
      few problems
      with editing the Manifest file.

      1) Any lines entered in after the "Created-By: Gel" line do not get added
      to the Manifest. I was
      adding in a "Main-Class" tag, in after the "Created-By" tag and it was not
      getting added to the
      manifest. If I place the "Main-Class" tag between the "Version" and
      "Created-By" tag it
      does get added.

      2) Once you get the "Main-Class" tag added to the Manifest, you cannot
      invoke the
      jar file by the following:
      java -jar jarfile.jar

      You receive the error "Exception in thread "main"
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
      TXU/Maximo/Pipeline/OperatorQualification/Screen"
      (Hence the class I am invoking is
      TXU.Maximo.Pipeline.OperatorQualification.Screen)

      I do not know who this needs to be sent to since the plugin was posted on
      the Gel site, but was
      written by someone else.

      If I am doing something incorrectly, please let me know. Otherwise I would
      love to see this
      feature fixed since I have been searching long and hard for an easy to use
      Jar File creator.
      Up to this point I have created custom batch files to do this for me, but
      would be nice if I could invoke
      this from Gel.

      Thanks,
      Ej Chambers

      contains or may contain confidential information intended only for the
      addressee. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, be
      advised that any reading, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying
      or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
      immediately by reply message and delete this email message and any
      attachments from your system.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2002
        You can send issues and suggestions to Dimitry at dimitrylevin@.... I
        have CCed him on this message, not sure if he is subscribed to the list.

        Gerald