Possible enhancement

  • Chris McDonald
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2002
      Gerald,

      Hi there, still a fab IDE - I use it everyday.
      But my constant problem is that I accidentally tear docked items away
      by mistake, particularly undocking the console, or accidentally
      removing a toolbar.

      Is it possible that you could add an option that locks the IDE
      settings to disable drag and drop toolbars, console, project manager
      and class browser.

      Its just I spend hours trying to redock the things and they never
      seem to go where I want them (where they came from). And what would
      be really nice is just to stop me being able to undock things
      accidentally.

      Its just a thought, but it would help my productivity even more so.

      Thanks in advance

      Chris
      EMAIL : chrisjonmcdonald@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2002
        Chris,

        >Hi there, still a fab IDE - I use it everyday.
        >But my constant problem is that I accidentally tear docked items away
        >by mistake, particularly undocking the console, or accidentally
        >removing a toolbar.

        You can right click the toolbar, select customize and on the last tab turn off "Enable Docking". Having said that, it is not perfect as you can still drag the toolbars around. I'll look into that

        >Its just I spend hours trying to redock the things and they never
        >seem to go where I want them (where they came from). And what would
        >be really nice is just to stop me being able to undock things
        >accidentally.

        No problem, is it just the toolbars or windows too?

        Gerald
      • Chris McDonald
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
          Gerald,

          My reply is inline...

          --- In gelide@y..., "Gerald Nunn" <gnunn@g...> wrote:
          > Chris,

          > >Hi there, still a fab IDE - I use it everyday.
          > >But my constant problem is that I accidentally tear docked items
          away
          > >by mistake, particularly undocking the console, or accidentally
          > >removing a toolbar.
          >
          > You can right click the toolbar, select customize and on the last
          tab turn off "Enable Docking". Having said that, it is not perfect as
          you can still drag the toolbars around. I'll look into that

          > >Its just I spend hours trying to redock the things and they never
          > >seem to go where I want them (where they came from). And what
          would
          > >be really nice is just to stop me being able to undock things
          > >accidentally.
          >
          > No problem, is it just the toolbars or windows too?

          Windows too would be nice.

          Its a silly thing really but you know that some things just niggle at
          you after a while, when you're using it all day every day.

          Cheers (and thanks again for all your work)

          Chris

          > Gerald
        • AndrĂ© Matheus
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
            I really agree that it would be a great function.

            Could very well be something like "Lock Toolbars and Windows", or maybe a "Save/Restore Toolbars/Windows Position", I think that all two would solve the problem.

            And also, thanks for all your work.

            --
            __
            André Matheus