Arab gelding for sale

  • Rae Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2006

      >> I am looking for a good home for my registered Arab.
      >>
      >> Rufie is a cute 15 hand chestnut gelding. He is healthy, sound and
      >> well behaved. He is very fun to ride and has a very smooth slow trot
      >> that I call his "parade trot." Although he has not been ridden much
      >> in the last few years he is well mannered and responsive. I ride him
      >> with a western or hunt seat saddle -- he is very adaptable. We live
      >> near the Kettle Moraine trails and have done all our riding there, in
      >> our arena, and in the neighborhood. Rufie just turned 20 this month,
      >> but don't let his age scare you off. He is very young looking and
      >> eager to go for his age. He has had regular checkups, shots, worming
      >> and trimming. He has good teeth and feet (always barefoot). I have
      >> had him since he was three and he has never had colic or been lame.
      >> He has always been out in a hilly pasture with access to box stalls.
      >> I never lock him in and I am sure this has contributed to his being
      >> so healthy. I hope he can go to a similar setup as I would hate to
      >> think of him spending time locked in a stall.
      >>
      >> It is very hard for me to sell my horses (I just sold Rufie's buddy
      >> today to a wonderful woman whom I know will take good care of him and
      >> enjoy him!) I am more concerned about finding a good home for Rufie
      >> than selling him for his value. He will be priced very reasonably to
      >> the right person.
      >>
      >> Thanks,
      >> Jody     262-392-9404
      >> Jod
    • Ken Carpenter
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 2007
        Horse for Sale

        17-year-old green broke Arabian gelding. 16HH+, really! (Grandsire
        was an Arabian racehorse in Egypt and then imported to the US, where
        he also raced.)

        Starrjurr is a charismatic horse with an excellent attitude; very
        willing to learn, very willing to please. He would make a wonderful
        mount for someone who could put in just a little time, which we do
        not have. We've started him naturally. He gets along very well with
        other horses, but he's not herd-bound.

        At 17, he has many good years ahead of him to be someone's trail-
        riding companion. He's big and strong, and a gorgeous mover. He's
        just too tall for me!

        The price is right to a good home. Serious inquiries only please.

        email greyhorse@..., or call 608-882-6546 and ask for Lisa.