space in mailbox path doesn't work

  • Andy Spiegl
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2008
      Hi, gbuffy fans!

      I've got a serious problem with spaces in the name of IMAP folders.
      Our imap server Cyrus has the annoying feature of using paths like this:
      "Shared Folders/shared/postmaster"

      I tried all variants I could think of to specify the path in .gbuffyrc but
      gbuffy never shows new mails for these folders. The "command" (executing
      mutt) does work however. Am I overlooking something?

      Examples:
      {
      server = mail.mycompany.de;
      type = imap;
      title = sysmaster;
      login = thatsme;
      command = "xterm -e mutt -f '=Shared Folders/shared/sysmaster'";
      ssl = 1;
      path = "Shared Folders/shared/sysmaster";
      port = 993;
      },
      {
      server = mail.mycompany.de;
      type = imap;
      title = postmaster;
      login = thatsme;
      command = "xterm -e mutt -f '=Shared Folders/shared/postmaster'";
      ssl = 1;
      path = "shared/notfall";
      port = 993;
      },

      Thanks for any hint,
      Andy.

      --
      Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
      - Popular Mechanics, 1949
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2008
        Its a bug, the line 528 in imap.c should be:

        Is:
        snprintf (buf, sizeof (buf), "%s STATUS %s (MESSAGES RECENT)\r\n", seq,
        Should be:
        snprintf (buf, sizeof (buf), "%s STATUS \"%s\" (MESSAGES RECENT)\r\n", seq,

        Probably doesn't support 8bit character names either, that would require
        adding a utf7 encoder.

        I'm not sure if there is a way you can pass the quotes in through the
        config file...

        Brandon

        On 02/12/08 Andy Spiegl uttered the following other thing:

        --
        Scorpius: "There are vast regions of your brain which are filled
        with nothing but gibberish."
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2008
          > Its a bug, the line 528 in imap.c should be:
          uhh, thanks!

          > I'm not sure if there is a way you can pass the quotes in through the
          > config file...
          I tried without success.

          Are you going to release a new version soon?
          Otherwise I'll forward your patch to the debian maintainer.

          Thanks for the quick answer!
          Andy.

          --
          If you can't write your ideas on the back of my calling card,
          you don't have a clear idea. -- David Belasco