Re: Right, that gets rid of the Scientologists then

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24, 2004
      --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "markparkerbois"
      <markparkerbois@t...> wrote:

      > --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "yank_canuck" <yank_canuck@y...>
      wrote:

      > > >c. All members, leaders, employees, and property of
      > > any religious, spiritual, or faith group will be taxed
      > > the at the same amount as non-members.
      >
      > What are Scientologists?
      > I live in Spain and have not heard of them....
      > Are they good or bad?
      > can they affect our rights in any way?
      > Mark

      Dear Mark,
      In California, after the Seond world War, a man named L(afayett) Ron
      Hubbard, who wrote Science fistion and studied psychology/philosophy,
      ralized that if he started his own religion, he could make a lot of money. so he
      wrote a book called DIANETICS - a self-help book based on is interests
      (above) and Scientology was born. Much of Scientology makes good
      common sense, but because of the money angle and because adherents
      who asked too many questions got excommunicated, it is often viewed as a
      cult. Scientology shimes for its anti-drug work though - Narconon, I think, and
      CCHR - Citizens Commission on Human Rights - CCRH - which is
      anti-pharma.