Re: [gaykingdom] How many "Official" candidates do we currently have?

  • Philip Wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005

      Hi,

      The Social Democrats are still in the process of selecting canddiates, as we have 12 days left until the deadline, we still have time to forward our candidates and will do so when we have completed our pre-election work.

      Thanks

    • William J. Freeman
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
        Hi Jon,

        Everyone that declared by Bill's bedtime last night apparently is listed today.  I won't be able to add people
        during the days generally, as I work.  BUT, I will check my email each night when I get home and add
        whoever announces during the day on that day.  The emails ultimately go to a different email address, which
        I get at home, so that no one gets lost in the 700 or so emails I get a day here at work.

        Hope this makes sense, and resolves your question.

        -Bill Freeman
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
          --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Jon" <jonmmat@n...> wrote:

          > Dear Privy Council,
          >
          > How many valid candidates do we officially have? There are only
          two
          > people (Viktor and Beatrice) in the Candidates' Programs Folder.
          Does
          > that mean that the other people who think they are candidates have
          not
          > complied with the rules as of yet or does it simply mean that
          someone
          > is behind in addidng their programs to the folder?

          To the best of my knowledge, at this moment there are
          three "official" candidates. Enrique Perez has filed with the High
          Court, but I have not yet received a copy of his program. As soon as
          it is possible for me to do so, I will upload it into the files.

          The Social Democrats are quite right in pointing out that there is
          still plenty of time for candidates to place their names on the
          ballot.

          Anyone who wishes to run for office in the GLK may do so. It does
          not matter if they have the support of a party or not.

          To register, you must email the High Court expressing your desire to
          be a candidate and enclosing your Policy Paper or political platform
          no later than 6pm(GMT -5) Friday February 18, 2005.

          You may direct your email to either of these addresses:

          elections@...
          elections@...

          The court intends to publish the Policy Papers of all candidates
          shortly after February 18 so that the public may form some idea of
          what each candidate stands for. Individual candidates may also
          publicize their views on their own.

          Ron