RE: [gaykingdom] A request to the political parties

  • William J. Freeman
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
      Why not ask the parties to make their platform documents available to members of this group?
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
        Hi Jon,

        I tried to make the file section accessible to everyone without
        joining the group. Sorry, but this is not possible on Yahoo Groups,
        because there are only the following 4 settings possible:

        1) accessible to members,
        2) limited access (members can download, moderators can upload files),
        3) moderators only,
        4) off (no one can access files feature).

        I suppose Yahoo made this because of legal reasons, to ensure minors
        cannot acces adult material and the like. I choose the first setting.

        As for the "Responsible Progress Party", considerate this: You can
        join to the group without any obligations; if you are a group member,
        it does not automatically make you member of a party. As long as you
        do not post messages, no one other than me can see you to be a member
        of our group (carefull: this can depend on group settings, so ask the
        moderators of other groups before). After looking into the file
        section, you are free to stay or leave, just as you wish it will be.
        OK, it makes some work, but "the partys" at the moment have mostly 3-7
        supporters, so the process of making programs is still in work and you
        are welcome to join it :)

        If this makes too much trouble, just read the general description on
        each partys group home. I think it is not that much difficullt to
        decide, whether communists or progressors (or non of them) are
        suitable to your views :-) Being an independant is surely also fine.

        At least, the program of each candidate will be distributed by the
        Court after the deadline for applications (2005-02-15) will pass.

        Regards,

        Vicky

        --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Jon" <jonmmat@n...> wrote:

        > There are several political parties that have formed and although
        one
        > can access the messages of some of these without joining their group
        > the files section where they have posted their "manifesto" is only
        > available to members.
        > [...]
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > Jon
      • negativehead
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
          hi all,

          as a website designer, i would suggest that they host it somewhere - any URL will do.
          (i have a personal one if they want some space).

          cheers.
          p.j.

          Why not ask the parties to make their platform documents available to members of this group?
        • Dallas Vinson
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
            or, for that matter, I would be happy to not only make them available on the radio stations website, but I would also happily convert the files to PDF so that everyone would be able to view them.

            -Dallas Vinson
            -Radio Free GLK!
            -Flagship of the GLK Radio Network
            -First Radio station of the GLK
            http://rfglk.dyndns.org/rfglk

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
              if anyones got a Mac, they should be able to convert to PDF automatically...
              (i use the Adobe Suite)

              p.j.

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005

                p.j. and Dallas

                Good idea and thanks for volunteering the space

                Jon

                Ditto

              • Viktor Zimmermann
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
                  Thank you, Dallas, we will send you a text file when we have worked
                  out something agreeable :)

                  Regards,

                  Vicky

                  --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Dallas Vinson" <dallaswv35077@b...
                  > wrote:
                  > or, for that matter, I would be happy to not only make them
                  available on the
                  > radio stations website, but I would also happily convert the files
                  to PDF so
                  > that everyone would be able to view them.
                  >
                  > -Dallas Vinson
                  > -Radio Free GLK!
                  > -Flagship of the GLK Radio Network
                  > -First Radio station of the GLK