Translations

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 20, 2004
      Hi all,

      We are presently working on Spanish translation for the gaycourt.org site, but would
      appreciate someone fluent in French, and other key languages, helping us get our
      sites accessible to the rest of the world. The UN has provided us with the Universal
      Declaration in what appears to be every language there is (a 40mb file). Now all we
      have to do is get the rest translated. :D

      If someone is fluent in Spanish, it'd be nice to have second and third opinions regarding
      translations before we post them. We've already learned that translations may differ
      substantially based on who is interpreting.

      Also, thank you guys and gals for understanding just how overwhelming some of our work
      has been so far. It has certainly been a lesson for me in exactly how long it takes for
      things to happen in a (mostly) structured and orderly manner.

      Season's greetings, and

      Thanks,

      -Bill Freeman
      gaycourt.org
    • Szymon Niemiec
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 20, 2004
        Dear Setlers,
        I can help whith translation to polish.
        We have some polish LGTB activists, who are interested in participation :D
        Szymon Niemiec

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 20, 2004
          If you are interested in an Interlingua translation..
          I can do that one.

          Paul

          --- Szymon Niemiec <s.niemiec@...> wrote:

          > Dear Setlers,
          > I can help whith translation to polish.
          > We have some polish LGTB activists, who are
          > interested in participation :D
          > Szymon Niemiec

          http://my.yahoo.com
        • Szymon Niemiec
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 20, 2004
            I think its great idea :D
            Szymon
            If you are interested in an Interlingua translation..
            I can do that one.

            Paul

            --- Szymon Niemiec <s.niemiec@...> wrote:

            > Dear Setlers,
            > I can help whith translation to polish.
            > We have some polish LGTB activists, who are
            > interested in participation :D
            > Szymon Niemiec

            http://my.yahoo.com

          • William J. Freeman
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 20, 2004
              Please do, and thanks!!!

              http://my.yahoo.com

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 20, 2004
                --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <wjf@b...> wrote:

                > Hi all,
                >
                > We are presently working on Spanish translation for the gaycourt.org site,
                but would
                > appreciate someone fluent in French, and other key languages, helping us
                get our
                > sites accessible to the rest of the world.

                Dear Bill,
                I lived in Europoe for four yers and could lend a hand with Frendh and
                German.
                :)
                y/c
              • paul lecorde
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 20, 2004
                  Where should translations be sent?

                  --- Bill <wjf@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all,
                  >
                  > We are presently working on Spanish translation for
                  > the gaycourt.org site, but would
                  > appreciate someone fluent in French, and other key
                  > languages, helping us get our
                  > sites accessible to the rest of the world. The UN
                  > has provided us with the Universal
                  > Declaration in what appears to be every language
                  > there is (a 40mb file). Now all we
                  > have to do is get the rest translated. :D
                  >
                  > If someone is fluent in Spanish, it'd be nice to
                  > have second and third opinions regarding
                  > translations before we post them. We've already
                  > learned that translations may differ
                  > substantially based on who is interpreting.
                  >
                  > Also, thank you guys and gals for understanding just
                  > how overwhelming some of our work
                  > has been so far. It has certainly been a lesson for
                  > me in exactly how long it takes for
                  > things to happen in a (mostly) structured and
                  > orderly manner.
                  >
                  > Season's greetings, and
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > -Bill Freeman
                  > gaycourt.org

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                • William J. Freeman
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 21, 2004
                    Send them here first,  We'll vet them and forward them to the necessary folks.

                    Bill Freeman

                    High Court of the Gay Kingdom
                    2201 Sixth Avenue South
                    Birmingham, AL.  35233