Holiday Poll

  • Fremont BridgeMan
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2004
      The question is; "Xmas, Easter and other religious days are not
      official public holidays in the GLK. These public holidays have been
      replaced with public holidays of national gay significance such as
      World Aids Day, Stonewall Day ect. Do you agree with this?"

      Why is this an either/or proposition? Religion for many is an
      important part of their lives. For many, religion is seen in a
      negative light. While holidays that commemorate dates significance
      to the Gay Tribe are proper in the GLK, I think there is still room
      for religion and religious holidays in our society.

      Joe
    • jerrold johnstn
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2004
        why not keep both, the traditonal holidays that are religious,
        plus add the newer ones?
        also add a few new ones  honoring the GLK  important dates
        ie,  the creation of same, recognition of, and one day acceptance into the UK

        (I agree with you joe )

        BridgeMan <wsbridgeman@...> wrote:

        The question is; "Xmas, Easter and other religious days are not
        official public holidays in the GLK. These public holidays have been
        replaced with public holidays of national gay significance such as
        World Aids Day, Stonewall Day ect. Do you agree with this?"

        Why is this an either/or proposition?  Religion for many is an
        important part of their lives.  For many, religion is seen in a
        negative light.  While holidays that commemorate dates significance
        to the Gay Tribe are proper in the GLK, I think there is still room
        for religion and religious holidays in our society.

        Joe

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Narud8080@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2004
          Absolutely agreed.  It seems that the GLK is celebrating diversity, so why would the GLK Holidays not celebrate diversity as well?