Re: [gaykingdom] Does any one know what actually is going on?

  • Narud8080@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2004
      In a message dated 12/19/2004 3:37:43 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, sekretariat@... writes:
      Well put Vicky, and I agree with you wholeheartedly.  Come on guys, lets have some more substantial proof that this is real.  My partner applied for Citizenship, and has yet to even hear back.  Not even in the form of an e-mail saying "thank you for your interest".  Hate to skeptical myself, but, given the state of US Government (where I currently reside) it's hard to not view these things without a bit of concern.
      Great idea, great start, but, what's going on?
      Travis
    • Fremont BridgeMan
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2004
        I received an e-mail today from the Gay Court with instructions for
        completing the citizenship and passport applications. If you have
        not received the e-mail, let me know and I'll forward what I got.
        Remember, all this is being done by volunteers. -- Joe Grande,
        Seattle

        --- In gaykingdom@yahoogroups.com, Narud8080@a... wrote:

        > In a message dated 12/19/2004 3:37:43 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
        > sekretariat@v... writes:
        >
        > http://groups._yahoo.com_ (mip://03cadcd8/yahoo%
        20com) /group/gaykingdom/

        > Well put Vicky, and I agree with you wholeheartedly. Come on
        guys, lets
        > have some more substantial proof that this is real. My partner
        applied for
        > Citizenship, and has yet to even hear back. Not even in the form
        of an e-mail
        > saying "thank you for your interest". Hate to skeptical myself,
        but, given the
        > state of US Government (where I currently reside) it's hard to not
        view
        > these things without a bit of concern.
        > Great idea, great start, but, what's going on?
        > Travis
      • Robert
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 23, 2004
          Greetings Vicky (and Travis subsequent post),

          The first I heard of the GLK of the Coral Sea Islands was a few months back as a producer
          for the Breakfast show for JOY Melbourne (www.joy.org.au) Australia's first GLBTI radio
          station where we had an interview with HM Dale.

          I was a little sceptical at first but since speaking with HM Dale at length, seeing the photos
          from the Cato (available here on the group or at www.gaykingdom.org) I was very
          interested and put my hand up to offer my assistance.

          Like most GLBTI (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex) organizations
          throughout the world, it is all voluntary work. It starts off small and grows when people
          participate. Of course that means hard working GLBTI community members who already
          have fulltime jobs spend many hours work hard seeing our cause given the credit they
          deserve. In response to requests for citizenship and the like sometimes there are delays
          due to the very nature of administrative posts being filled by volunteers.

          Also the geography of Cato Island can be rather deceptive on a map, I can assure you that
          the trip out to the island is a long one from mainland Australia. One couldn't just pop over
          for a cup of tea and check up.

          On the matter of seriousness, I would consider that the amount of time and energy spent
          on this project by His Royal Majesty Dale, The Right Honourable Prime Minister David
          Smith and The Right Honourable Lord Chief Justice William Freeman to be sign that this
          not a gimmick or a fad.

          I think its great that you are sceptical, goodness knows we need to be sure of so many
          things these days, as you said sceptics are former idealists. For now I shall remain an
          idealist.

          I hope that others do respond to your request for information.

          I wish you all the very best

          Regards
          Robert Yule
          Consul General Melbourne